MBE - how'd you feel? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How did the MBE go, compared to your expectation?

A lot easier than I expected.
2%
Somewhat easier than I expected.
4%
About how I expected.
12%
Somewhat harder than I expected.
29%
A lot harder than I expected.
54%

Total votes: 309

nyny

Bronze

Re: MBE - how'd you feel?

Post by nyny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:15 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
nyny wrote:That one was a tricky one and I got it wrong sheesh... But thinking back it discribe statutory rape, so you would have to go the crim law way not tort way... Then all that's left is battery...
I think by just saying "battery" that they wanted a tort analysis, but who knows.
But as acknowledged above criminal law also has a battery cause of action... In both cases one could consent to the battery... But with sexual battery a minor can not consent... The question would have been a slam dunk by just mentioning sexual in front...

It seemed like a tort, but for the rape stuff

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:22 pm

nyny wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
nyny wrote:That one was a tricky one and I got it wrong sheesh... But thinking back it discribe statutory rape, so you would have to go the crim law way not tort way... Then all that's left is battery...
I think by just saying "battery" that they wanted a tort analysis, but who knows.
But as acknowledged above criminal law also has a battery cause of action... In both cases one could consent to the battery... But with sexual battery a minor can not consent... The question would have been a slam dunk by just mentioning sexual in front...

Ya tricky question hopefully I got it right!

jul15taker

New

Post by jul15taker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:39 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
nyny wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:

It's never a criminal case when an individual sues an individual. Crimes are brought by the state.

nyny

Bronze

Post by nyny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 pm

jul15taker wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
nyny wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:

It's never a criminal case when an individual sues an individual. Crimes are brought by the state.
I think we all know that lol... I have forgotten the basis of the question and because we aren't allowed the get detailed it's even more frustrating... My answer still remains no battery because well it's to late to change the answer lol

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:52 pm

nyny wrote:
jul15taker wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
nyny wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:

I think we all know that lol... I have forgotten the basis of the question and because we aren't allowed the get detailed it's even more frustrating... My answer still remains no battery because well it's to late to change the answer lol
i think that is correct

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 pm

You've had a million warnings to STOP TALKING ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, and yet you still do. So I'm locking this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”