1 week out - what are you doing for final prep? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
6lehderjets

Bronze

1 week out - what are you doing for final prep?

Post by 6lehderjets » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Now that we are officially in the homestretch, what are you planning on doing to finish up your study and start tying this stuff together? Any advice from current and pass bar takers is welcomed.

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Re: 1 week out - what are you doing for final prep?

Post by Outis Onoma » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Realistically - panicking and sitting in a library/ cafe pretending to do stuff.

sopranorleone

Bronze

Post by sopranorleone » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:Realistically - panicking and sitting in a library/ cafe pretending to do stuff.
Well said. Glad I'm not that only one.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

If I don't understand something by now, odds are I'm not going to understand it in a week.

So my final prep is trying to add 10lbs to my bench.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Basically freaking out, trying to memorize as much as I can since there's still so much stuff I don't know it feels like - especially for NY essays. Does anyone else feel like they can't even remember all this stuff? I review it and then forget it too fast! It's horrible. Having mini panic attacks too. :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm

freestallion wrote:Basically freaking out, trying to memorize as much as I can since there's still so much stuff I don't know it feels like - especially for NY essays. Does anyone else feel like they can't even remember all this stuff? I review it and then forget it too fast! It's horrible. Having mini panic attacks too. :?
You don't have to remember all of it. Look at the model essays on the NY BOLE page. Most of them get the law wrong.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:If I don't understand something by now, odds are I'm not going to understand it in a week.

So my final prep is trying to add 10lbs to my bench.
Basically this + drinking. I'll glance through the lecture notes and outlines I've made but I have already convinced myself that my progress has halted.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
freestallion wrote:Basically freaking out, trying to memorize as much as I can since there's still so much stuff I don't know it feels like - especially for NY essays. Does anyone else feel like they can't even remember all this stuff? I review it and then forget it too fast! It's horrible. Having mini panic attacks too. :?
You don't have to remember all of it. Look at the model essays on the NY BOLE page. Most of them get the law wrong.
Yeah, you're right. There are some things I feel like I forgot the basics (like trusts or secured transactions). I at least need to know enough to approximate the rules..

odoylerulez

Bronze

Post by odoylerulez » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:55 pm

My strategy:

33 MBE questions in the morning, if I hit 80% or more, I'm done with that subject for good. Finished Torts today.

10 Essays in the Afternoon/Evening exclusively on subjects that are MEE exclusive - no longer doing essays on MBE topics. Not writing full essays - going bulletpoint form and trying to hit all the main issues, then reading the sample outline and sample essays.

Repeat every day until Sunday. If I don't hit 80% on an MBE subject, I do 5 more questions on that subject the next day. If I go 4 for 5, I quit for good. If I don't, I add 5 more of that subject to the pile the next day. Etc. I'm taking Monday off (day before the bar) no matter what.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:57 pm

odoylerulez wrote:My strategy:

33 MBE questions in the morning, if I hit 80% or more, I'm done with that subject for good. Finished Torts today.

10 Essays in the Afternoon/Evening exclusively on subjects that are MEE exclusive - no longer doing essays on MBE topics. Not writing full essays - going bulletpoint form and trying to hit all the main issues, then reading the sample outline and sample essays.

Repeat every day until Sunday. If I don't hit 80% on an MBE subject, I do 5 more questions on that subject the next day. If I go 4 for 5, I quit for good. If I don't, I add 5 more of that subject to the pile the next day. Etc. I'm taking Monday off (day before the bar) no matter what.
This seems like a lot of work. Not the actual work part, but math.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Wait, February is still like 6 months away.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Wait, February is still like 6 months away.
Yea but dood you gotta be prepared.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Wait, February is still like 6 months away.
Yea but dood you gotta be prepared.
I started studying like a week ago, because I didn't know it is so hard. I just ordered a Google Glass and I am going to try to have a smart bro relay the answers in to me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
odoylerulez wrote:My strategy:

This seems like a lot of work. Not the actual work part, but math.
Too meticulous (though I like it), but what if you never get 80% on one or more of the subject before Monday. And why 33?

orangecup

Bronze

Post by orangecup » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
I just looked up one answer and it started with: "There are a number of issues raised by this fact pattern, each of which will be addressed in turn." :lol: :lol:

InTheWideLand I Walk

Bronze

Post by InTheWideLand I Walk » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 pm

6lehderjets wrote:Now that we are officially in the homestretch, what are you planning on doing to finish up your study and start tying this stuff together? Any advice from current and pass bar takers is welcomed.

take all the rules for PR, print them out on a piece of paper, and post it in the bathroom. that way, every time u do ur thing ull be forced to look at them.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Aside from commercial paper, I think i've just about finished "learning" things (I use quotation marks because I'm not sure how much i've really learned to begin with). I guess i'll just memorize rules from here and do some emanuel question sets. If that's not good enough, i don't know what is

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Learning fucking everything because I slacked all summer

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 pm

whatever you do, be sure to give yourself some mental down time Monday. Keep off TLS, watch a movie and try to get some sleep. It will be a restless night for most, but if you put a lot of hard work ( and actually worked) take solace in that. Positivity and confidence is key. Give it your best, and if you don't know a rule, fake it till you make it. Fake it by making up a rule that you can make in order apply the rule to the facts provided.

Best of luck, Keep going, push forward on game day(s). Y'all can do this

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:43 pm

northwood wrote:whatever you do, be sure to give yourself some mental down time Monday. Keep off TLS, watch a movie and try to get some sleep. It will be a restless night for most, but if you put a lot of hard work ( and actually worked) take solace in that. Positivity and confidence is key. Give it your best, and if you don't know a rule, fake it till you make it. Fake it by making up a rule that you can make in order apply the rule to the facts provided.

:mrgreen:

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 am

northwood wrote:whatever you do, be sure to give yourself some mental down time Monday. Keep off TLS, watch a movie and try to get some sleep. It will be a restless night for most, but if you put a lot of hard work ( and actually worked) take solace in that. Positivity and confidence is key. Give it your best, and if you don't know a rule, fake it till you make it. Fake it by making up a rule that you can make in order apply the rule to the facts provided.

I've studied every day and done most of what Barbri said to do, but I don't feel like I worked that hard--no all nighters or anything like that.

Whatever. Plenty of idiots have passed the CA bar, so I'm sure I can manage.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 am

Reviewing outlines. Trying to cram more memorization. Issue spotting essays.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 am

Trying to learn the basics of Civil Procedure. Even enough to get 50% right on the MBE would be good enough, I'm in the high 60's low 70's for the other MBE subjects.

Things I still have to do:

Look over some released NY essays. (I have done none so far)
Review Wills, (always a full essay).
Review domestic relations.
Learn off all of the SOL's for NY.
I am debating whether or not to even attempt practice MPT's. So many people say you can't study for it.
The only other topics I feel like I should review are contracts remedies, and evidence character to nail down the finer points.

But hey, you can't know it all.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:34 am

Oh,. and I have 2 full practice MBE's still to do.
I'm using Adaptibar and I have already taken the 2006, and 2008 exams (77% and 80%).
I think i'll do 2011 and 2013 as a full 200 question exam on Friday (I'm arriving in the US on Thursday).
This leaves me with the strategies and tactics full MBE which I will glance over between Sunday and Monday, as well as trying to learn essay rules in between.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am

So I just finished a custom 50 q exam on Adaptibar.
I made notes as I was progressing and I can tell you I guessed (despite having seen these questions before at some stage) on about 28 questions.
I ended up scoring 76%. Again, i've seen these questions before and there was no civ pro questions.
I don't know how to take that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”