NY Bar App Q- Loans Addendum? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sandwiches5000

Bronze

NY Bar App Q- Loans Addendum?

Post by sandwiches5000 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 am

Hi there, doing the NY character and fitness now. This is kind of a weird question, but is there any harm in writing an addendum explaining that I have a plan for paying off my loan debt? I have a firm job and I've used those debt calculators. I can definitely pay it off in ten years or less. If you look at my credit report it looks like I have a million student loans out but some have been consolidated/combined or paid off. I have a lot of debt because I took out loans in undergrad and law school. I read there was some guy who was denied admission because he had too much debt and had no "plan" and I got all paranoid. Didn't know if an addendum would make me look crazy. I have never missed a payment on anything ever in my 9-year credit history, but my undergrad loans are in forbearance right now because I graduated in December and don't start my firm job until Sept. (I've made a couple of payments but the interest rates are low and I would rather save money for moving... May make a payment or two though if it makes me look better for the bar people.)

Thanks.

raptors_delight

New

Re: NY Bar App Q- Loans Addendum?

Post by raptors_delight » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 pm

Bump. Also curious.

raptors_delight

New

Post by raptors_delight » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Oh, damn. Just realized this is from 2015, not 2016. OP, what did you end up doing? I'm in an identical situation.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 pm

That's weird. Don't do that. Don't draw attention to your loans, which are probably fine unless they exceed a half million or something ridiculous. They care about debts which are past due 90 days or more if I recall correctly, not whether you have a plan to pay down debt.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:58 am

They care about debts which are past due 90 days or more?

GOOD TO KNOW

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”