Need tips for studying Evidence Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bluewin888

New

Need tips for studying Evidence

Post by bluewin888 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm

The hardest so far at this stage..

Any good flow charts or good study aids?

numbertwo88

Bronze

Re: Need tips for studying Evidence

Post by numbertwo88 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:50 pm

I found the evidence critical pass cards really helpful.

For the more confusing character evidence, and hearsay things it took a while for those to stick - literally practice will make [close to] perfect. You'll start seeing patterns and such.

Also, definitely read the long outlines closely and in detail for the specific evidence areas you get tripped up on a lot. I overall don't like long outlines provided by the prep companies (because they're a damn time suck) but they're amazing when you hone in on certain areas that you're confused about.

My_name_is_jimmothy

New

Post by My_name_is_jimmothy » Mon May 25, 2015 2:44 pm

If I had to do it again I would do every evidence essay and a ton of MBEs. Outlining is a giant waste of time IMO.

POTUSorSCOTUS

Bronze

Post by POTUSorSCOTUS » Mon May 25, 2015 3:18 pm

My_name_is_jimmothy wrote:If I had to do it again I would do every evidence essay and a ton of MBEs. Outlining is a giant waste of time IMO.
I second this. You can study an outline for about 24-48 hours, then you're tapped out. I'd recommend doing 1000+ evidence multi choice and "outline" some responses to essay q's

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:39 pm

HOW DOES NY BAR TEST EVIDENCE ESSAYS? APPEAR A LOT?
My_name_is_jimmothy wrote:If I had to do it again I would do every evidence essay and a ton of MBEs. Outlining is a giant waste of time IMO.

duskfall

New

Post by duskfall » Mon May 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I disagree. Part of the outlining process is actually writing it out. It is almost like doing essays except you hit all issues. This process helps your memorization of the BLL. Don't ignore this unless you have no time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”