What is the timing and schedules for NY bar days? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bluewin888

New

What is the timing and schedules for NY bar days?

Post by bluewin888 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm

On day 1, what is the time for arriving at exam site? When does not the exam starts? People often starts doing NYMC before 3 essays, as I heard. How do you allocate time between NYMC and 3 essays? How long is the lunch break before afternoon session?

On day 2, when does AM 100 MBE Qs starts and how long is the lunch break? Is the afternoon Qs often harder than morning session?

Thanks.

northwood

Platinum

Re: What is the timing and schedules for NY bar days?

Post by northwood » Sun May 24, 2015 4:07 pm

bluewin888 wrote:On day 1, what is the time for arriving at exam site? When does not the exam starts? People often starts doing NYMC before 3 essays, as I heard. How do you allocate time between NYMC and 3 essays? How long is the lunch break before afternoon session?

On day 2, when does AM 100 MBE Qs starts and how long is the lunch break? Is the afternoon Qs often harder than morning session?

Thanks.

Took NY July 2014 and passed it.

TUESDAY, July 29: 9:00AM - 12:15PM; 2:00PM - 5:00PM (New York section).
WEDNESDAY, July 30: 9:30AM - 12:30PM; 2:00PM - 5:00PM (MBE section).

I took 45 minutes for NY MC (its 10%). Did this first so I could focus on the essays and write until they called time. Once I finished NYMC I didn't look at it again.

the MPT was the last essay on day 1 ( day 1 afternoon session). I did the other two essays first, then finished with the MPT. I gave myself the same amount of time for the other two NY essays as I did for the 3 morning essays ( each NY essay is worth approximately 8% of your score). that gave me enough time to tackle the MPT and the confidence/ reassurance that I had adequate time to tackle the other two essays.

Lunch break for day two is a bit shorter. You want to be in your seat with a few minutes to spare so you don't feel rushed. The afternoon questions are the same difficulty as the morning questions, but may feel more difficult because you spent the entire morning doing MC questions and the entire previous day doing essays and NY MC.

you may want to get to the testing center a bit earlier both days. LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE AT HOME/ HOTEL ROOM.

Good Luck! Be diligent with your prep and give it your best. you can do this

bluewin888

New

Post by bluewin888 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:48 pm

GOOD!! How did you have lunch?

can you wear own watch?
northwood wrote:
bluewin888 wrote:On day 1, what is the time for arriving at exam site? When does not the exam starts? People often starts doing NYMC before 3 essays, as I heard. How do you allocate time between NYMC and 3 essays? How long is the lunch break before afternoon session?

Thanks.

Took NY July 2014 and passed it.

TUESDAY, July 29: 9:00AM - 12:15PM; 2:00PM - 5:00PM (New York section).
WEDNESDAY, July 30: 9:30AM - 12:30PM; 2:00PM - 5:00PM (MBE section).

I took 45 minutes for NY MC (its 10%). Did this first so I could focus on the essays and write until they called time. Once I finished NYMC I didn't look at it again.

the MPT was the last essay on day 1 ( day 1 afternoon session). I did the other two essays first, then finished with the MPT. I gave myself the same amount of time for the other two NY essays as I did for the 3 morning essays ( each NY essay is worth approximately 8% of your score). that gave me enough time to tackle the MPT and the confidence/ reassurance that I had adequate time to tackle the other two essays.

Lunch break for day two is a bit shorter. You want to be in your seat with a few minutes to spare so you don't feel rushed. The afternoon questions are the same difficulty as the morning questions, but may feel more difficult because you spent the entire morning doing MC questions and the entire previous day doing essays and NY MC.

you may want to get to the testing center a bit earlier both days. LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE AT HOME/ HOTEL ROOM.

Good Luck! Be diligent with your prep and give it your best. you can do this

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun May 24, 2015 11:01 pm

you can wear an analog watch. I made a PBJ sandwhich for both days and ate in my hotel room

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”