Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 8111
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Lglegl04 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 pm
They should really let those of us who are already licensed in other states waive in. That would reduce some of the people taking the exam this go round.
You're asking the Florida Bar to do the logical thing instead of the punitive thing. That's not going to happen. :lol:

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:54 pm

No idea what's gonna happen with this thing but if we can't even test the software a little over a week before the test how will this happen?

Allegedly88

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am

Are any retakers or out of state applicants worried that Florida will cave and grant diploma privilege only to first time takers/the may 2020 graduates? Florida is running out of time here. Thoughts?

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am

Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am
Are any retakers or out of state applicants worried that Florida will cave and grant diploma privilege only to first time takers/the may 2020 graduates? Florida is running out of time here. Thoughts?
Diploma privilege is the absolute last option and I wouldn't worry about it. I am worried about them pushing it back to February if the online option is completely impossible. Hoping to hear something/anything soon, we've gotta have a trial before the actual exam.

Allegedly88

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am

johngotti wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am
Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am
Are any retakers or out of state applicants worried that Florida will cave and grant diploma privilege only to first time takers/the may 2020 graduates? Florida is running out of time here. Thoughts?
Diploma privilege is the absolute last option and I wouldn't worry about it. I am worried about them pushing it back to February if the online option is completely impossible. Hoping to hear something/anything soon, we've gotta have a trial before the actual exam.
Have you been on Reddit? Its full of Florida bar info and diploma privilege being a possible option now. Its almost like a riot on there.

If they postpone i think it will be to October. The bar will look so bad for making 3,000 plus people wait until Feb. who knows though.

But Reddit has me worried about DP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:41 am

Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am
johngotti wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am
Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am
Are any retakers or out of state applicants worried that Florida will cave and grant diploma privilege only to first time takers/the may 2020 graduates? Florida is running out of time here. Thoughts?
Diploma privilege is the absolute last option and I wouldn't worry about it. I am worried about them pushing it back to February if the online option is completely impossible. Hoping to hear something/anything soon, we've gotta have a trial before the actual exam.
Have you been on Reddit? Its full of Florida bar info and diploma privilege being a possible option now. Its almost like a riot on there.

If they postpone i think it will be to October. The bar will look so bad for making 3,000 plus people wait until Feb. who knows though.

But Reddit has me worried about DP.
Yeah I'm on there, I just think DP is extremely unlikely. To put it bluntly the board isn't gonna let May 2020 grads from the lower ranked schools (I went to one of them) get their bar card without passing the bar. If they have to postpone it then they'll take that step along with a dozen others before DP. They already look terrible because the exam could've been done at the law schools on the original date like the deans proposed in April.

Allegedly88

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

johngotti wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:41 am
Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:30 am
johngotti wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 am
Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 am
Are any retakers or out of state applicants worried that Florida will cave and grant diploma privilege only to first time takers/the may 2020 graduates? Florida is running out of time here. Thoughts?
Diploma privilege is the absolute last option and I wouldn't worry about it. I am worried about them pushing it back to February if the online option is completely impossible. Hoping to hear something/anything soon, we've gotta have a trial before the actual exam.
Have you been on Reddit? Its full of Florida bar info and diploma privilege being a possible option now. Its almost like a riot on there.

If they postpone i think it will be to October. The bar will look so bad for making 3,000 plus people wait until Feb. who knows though.

But Reddit has me worried about DP.
Yeah I'm on there, I just think DP is extremely unlikely. To put it bluntly the board isn't gonna let May 2020 grads from the lower ranked schools (I went to one of them) get their bar card without passing the bar. If they have to postpone it then they'll take that step along with a dozen others before DP. They already look terrible because the exam could've been done at the law schools on the original date like the deans proposed in April.
I was thinking that about the schools too. I hope you are right. I just want them to announce something. I am stalling and havent started studying yet today but gotta get on it within the hour. Worst year ever.

User avatar
zeglo

Silver
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by zeglo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

Postponing again would be unconscionable.

I cannot plan my life around a moving target.

We have leases. Jobs. And more.

Either let us take the exam, or let us practice. This is ridiculous jerking us around.
Last edited by zeglo on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Getbywithalittehelp

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:12 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Getbywithalittehelp » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am

So if the exam is happening in some form August 19, it’s gotta be open book right? Have people transitioned to preparing for an open book?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

I still haven't downloaded the software which turned out to be a good decision. As far as I know Friday is the deadline to download everything, if we can't get a trial exam set up in the next few days I don't know how the exam would actually happen.

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:44 pm

I'll be downloading the software Monday morning before the 11 am trial and hopefully there are no issues this weekend. It's hilarious how they only claimed 9 people had issues (not true) while ignoring only 1/3 of the total number of takers downloaded the software. This has been a trainwreck.

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Lol postponed till October this saga just gets worse and worse

Allegedly88

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Allegedly88 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 am

johngotti wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:22 pm
Lol postponed till October this saga just gets worse and worse

I question if there will even be an exam in october. They constantly lie. My entire application expires soon so they are pushing it awfuly close. I had one more shot to take the MBE before my shit goes stale and expires. These people just keep ruining everything for everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 am

Allegedly88 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:13 am
johngotti wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:22 pm
Lol postponed till October this saga just gets worse and worse

I question if there will even be an exam in october. They constantly lie. My entire application expires soon so they are pushing it awfuly close. I had one more shot to take the MBE before my shit goes stale and expires. These people just keep ruining everything for everyone.
Yeah I'd rather take an in person exam than rely on any technology at this point, there's no indication everything will work in October. No idea how they could do that with covid but one can hope.

User avatar
zeglo

Silver
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by zeglo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 pm

FBBE sucks so hard.

They are putting us through the ringer and pissing off an entire new generation of lawyers.

And it's not even required. FBBE/Supreme Court can waive a magic wand and fix this with no strings attached. This is torture; we suffer because of their incompetence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 353520
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Is this thread still alive? Lol

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:33 pm
Is this thread still alive? Lol
The FL bar exam reddit got really active with everything for the shitshow of a bar exam so this thread kinda died. I hope everyone else survived the mc questions.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm

Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.

Allegedly88

New
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Allegedly88 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm

johngotti wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.
This thread totally died as reddit became the new go to. I am dreading tomorrow. We cant fail again. We have to pass.

johngotti

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by johngotti » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm
johngotti wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.
This thread totally died as reddit became the new go to. I am dreading tomorrow. We cant fail again. We have to pass.
I failed again, it's great to be a failure in life

JoeSeperac

Moderator
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by JoeSeperac » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm

johngotti wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Allegedly88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm
johngotti wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.
This thread totally died as reddit became the new go to. I am dreading tomorrow. We cant fail again. We have to pass.
I failed again, it's great to be a failure in life

Do you mind sending me your scores? I am seeing something odd with the scale and more scores to investigate it. Once I figure out the scale(s), I will make a calculator.

https://seperac.com/scoreform-FL.php

btw, I heard FL scaled the Oct 2020 exam to the J18 MBE. Why they chose that exam for scaling is beyond me, because the J18 MBE was one of the lowest in the history of the July MBE.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 353520
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am

JoeSeperac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm
johngotti wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Allegedly88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm
johngotti wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.
This thread totally died as reddit became the new go to. I am dreading tomorrow. We cant fail again. We have to pass.
I failed again, it's great to be a failure in life

Do you mind sending me your scores? I am seeing something odd with the scale and more scores to investigate it. Once I figure out the scale(s), I will make a calculator.

https://seperac.com/scoreform-FL.php

btw, I heard FL scaled the Oct 2020 exam to the J18 MBE. Why they chose that exam for scaling is beyond me, because the J18 MBE was one of the lowest in the history of the July MBE.
Hey, I passed with a 152 scaled scored. Where does that land me in % correct?

Appreciate your work.

JoeSeperac

Moderator
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by JoeSeperac » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 am
JoeSeperac wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm
johngotti wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm
Allegedly88 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm
johngotti wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:30 pm
Welp only a few days left till we learn our fate. I'm feeling hopeful but dreading a Fail in the results column.
This thread totally died as reddit became the new go to. I am dreading tomorrow. We cant fail again. We have to pass.
I failed again, it's great to be a failure in life

Do you mind sending me your scores? I am seeing something odd with the scale and more scores to investigate it. Once I figure out the scale(s), I will make a calculator.

https://seperac.com/scoreform-FL.php

btw, I heard FL scaled the Oct 2020 exam to the J18 MBE. Why they chose that exam for scaling is beyond me, because the J18 MBE was one of the lowest in the history of the July MBE.
Hey, I passed with a 152 scaled scored. Where does that land me in % correct?

Appreciate your work.

Congratulations on passing! Based on your scaled MBE score of 152, your estimated raw MBE score was about 75% of the graded MBE questions correctly (based on the last time an MBE scale was released in 2013). This places you in the 71.9% percentile for the MBE. This means that 28.1% of Jul examinees nationwide did better than you on the MBE based on your scaled MBE score of 152 (based on national data for the past 7 years).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”