Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rtd1987

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by rtd1987 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:49 pm

^ great thanks

and am i correct in thinking that FL multiple choice gets weighted equally with essays ?

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:41 pm

rtd1987 wrote:^ great thanks

and am i correct in thinking that FL multiple choice gets weighted equally with essays ?
That's what Kaplan tells me.

Cydiego

New

Post by Cydiego » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Anybody take Kaplan's practice Florida exam today? Wonder what the average % correct was on MC.

rtd1987

New

Post by rtd1987 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Ugh, what kind of scores do people get on BarBri essays ? Do they deliberately say "just below passing" to get you to study more?
Last edited by rtd1987 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtd1987

New

Post by rtd1987 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
rtd1987 wrote:^ great thanks

That's what Kaplan tells me.
good to know!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:03 am

Cydiego wrote:Anybody take Kaplan's practice Florida exam today? Wonder what the average % correct was on MC.
I took it and breezed through the MC in like 1 hr and 50 minutes. Don't think Kaplan does a good job at Florida MC.

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 am

rtd1987 wrote:Ugh, what kind of scores do people get on BarBri essays ? Do they deliberately say "just below passing" to get you to study more?
To a certain extent, but if you did really well I'm sure you would have been told that. At the end of the day, keep issue spotting, etc. Using your time efficiently is very important in the last weeks. You always hear stories from people along the lines of "thank god I did XYZ in my last week of study because it was on the exam."

With 2 weeks left I'd like to think there are mainly just two mentalities: you think you're on the fence and might pass or you know you're probably going to fail. Doubt many people are super confident. The first group is inevitably going to see some heart-break. The second group is pissed there isn't more time left.

Cydiego

New

Post by Cydiego » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 am

LAW813FL wrote:
Cydiego wrote:Anybody take Kaplan's practice Florida exam today? Wonder what the average % correct was on MC.
I took it and breezed through the MC in like 1 hr and 50 minutes. Don't think Kaplan does a good job at Florida MC.
What was your score?

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:44 am

FWIW, the FL mc questions for Barbri are very easy; however, all accounts from previous test takers (2014) said that the questions on the actual exam are very specific and fairly tough if you do not know exact Fl rules.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rtd1987

New

Post by rtd1987 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:54 am

941law wrote:FWIW, the FL mc questions for Barbri are very easy; however, all accounts from previous test takers (2014) said that the questions on the actual exam are very specific and fairly tough if you do not know exact Fl rules.
thanks for the heads up

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:59 am

Here is the Florida thread from July 2014, starting on the page from the night before the exam: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=250

*see this is why I'd like us to consolidate to 1 thread from here on out.

EAsports

New

Post by EAsports » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:00 pm

How much time are people devoting to Florida leasehold estates for purposes of an essay question? The area has got a number of very Florida specific rules. E.g., how many days notice you need to give before terminating a quarter-to-quarter tenancy (30). The area was last tested in Feb. 2005.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm

941law wrote:FWIW, the FL mc questions for Barbri are very easy; however, all accounts from previous test takers (2014) said that the questions on the actual exam are very specific and fairly tough if you do not know exact Fl rules.
Thats sort of how the Kaplan questions for Florida MC are, very specific rules being tested. Also, for Kaplan's "Florida final" they gave us Procedure, evidence, and wills for the MC. I really hope that is what we get test day.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

EAsports

New

Post by EAsports » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:12 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
Thats sort of how the Kaplan questions for Florida MC are, very specific rules being tested. Also, for Kaplan's "Florida final" they gave us Procedure, evidence, and wills for the MC. I really hope that is what we get test day.
Barbri did too. Something the testing companies know that we don't?

EAsports

New

Post by EAsports » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:22 am

Thought this link is something ya'll might be interested in.

http://www.aplusebooks.com/july-2015-fl ... edictions/

Cydiego

New

Post by Cydiego » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:35 am

EAsports wrote:Thought this link is something ya'll might be interested in.

Not sure about this. They are predicting Family Law and Dependency despite the fact it was tested last cycle? And they're also claiming Fed Con Law (as opposed to Fl Con Law) will be tested again?

They have a fairly accurate record of predictions but this seems kinda hard to believe, at least w respect to Family Law and Dep.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

Cydiego wrote:
EAsports wrote:Thought this link is something ya'll might be interested in.

Not sure about this. They are predicting Family Law and Dependency despite the fact it was tested last cycle? And they're also claiming Fed Con Law (as opposed to Fl Con Law) will be tested again?

They have a fairly accurate record of predictions but this seems kinda hard to believe, at least w respect to Family Law and Dep.
They also predict a trust essay with Wills in the MC, which hasn't happened in the last who knows how long. I said it earlier, every test in the past 5 or so years has had either a trusts essay or wills on the MC, but never together. Seeing as how they just had a trust essay, and skipped evidence in Feb, my prediction is Procedure, evidence, and wills. For essays, I could see Property or torts, with the obvious ethics issue in there somewhere and a Florida Con Law essay.

edit: I'm screwed either way and am just hoping my MBE score pulls me over the edge!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am

LAW813FL wrote:
They also predict a trust essay with Wills in the MC, which hasn't happened in the last who knows how long. I said it earlier, every test in the past 5 or so years has had either a trusts essay or wills on the MC, but never together. Seeing as how they just had a trust essay, and skipped evidence in Feb, my prediction is Procedure, evidence, and wills. For essays, I could see Property or torts, with the obvious ethics issue in there somewhere and a Florida Con Law essay.

edit: I'm screwed either way and am just hoping my MBE score pulls me over the edge!
February 2015 did not have a trusts essay. We're getting a contracts, ethics, and Torts essay. Then 1-2 more subjects.

Will there be a wild card subject as well, like family? Will it be Fla con law or Fed con law? Trusts? Property? I say no property. July just seems more predictable than February.

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:50 am

Just statistics and statistically speaking they were wrong for February. The subjects with higher odds on their graph weren't even tested on. I think we get a wild card, but it might just be UCC article 9 hiding in a contracts essay. So if you're ready to write a contracts, ethics, and torts essay you will obtain some points. The next 1-2 subjects are anyone's guess (trusts and /or con law in my opinion).

Cydiego

New

Post by Cydiego » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:01 am

941law wrote:Just statistics and statistically speaking they were wrong for February. The subjects with higher odds on their graph weren't even tested on. I think we get a wild card, but it might just be UCC article 9 hiding in a contracts essay. So if you're ready to write a contracts, ethics, and torts essay you will obtain some points. The next 1-2 subjects are anyone's guess (trusts and /or con law in my opinion).
Is this based on your own interpretation of the same statistics? The point is the exam's becoming impossible to predict so I don't think stats from the last 10-20 years will help us determine the future while they're assumed goal is to do something unpredictable.

legal10101

Bronze

Post by legal10101 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:03 pm

EAsports wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
Clarification, during the test exam did Barbri and Kaplan test FL Crim Pro or FL Civ Pro? Adaptibar suspected Wills, Evidence, FL Crim Pro, FL Civ Pro, and Rules of Judi Admi

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bubbles 4 Life

Gold

Post by Bubbles 4 Life » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Last edited by Bubbles 4 Life on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EAsports

New

Post by EAsports » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:47 pm

legal10101 wrote:
EAsports wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
Clarification, during the test exam did Barbri and Kaplan test FL Crim Pro or FL Civ Pro? Adaptibar suspected Wills, Evidence, FL Crim Pro, FL Civ Pro, and Rules of Judi Admi

Barbri tested both. Don't know about Kaplan. As a rule, they are tested together (along with Judicial Admin) on the actual bar exam. Looks like the prep companies by consensus suspect Wills, Procedure, and Evidence.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 pm

EAsports wrote:
legal10101 wrote:
EAsports wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:

Barbri tested both. Don't know about Kaplan. As a rule, they are tested together (along with Judicial Admin) on the actual bar exam. Looks like the prep companies by consensus suspect Wills, Procedure, and Evidence.
Ya, whenever Procedure is mentioned for MC, it is Civil, criminal, and judicial administration.

LAW813FL

Bronze

Post by LAW813FL » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 pm

M_n_M wrote:I've been hitting 60% on the dot every time I've done a Florida MCQ quiz. I think this is a good sign, but I'd like to study to the point where I'm hitting more like 70-80% so that I get between 60-70% on the actual exam. That + decent essays + good MBE should = pass. Let's hope.
with those scores you would be passing with flying colors, not just hoping to pass. They say you need an average of 45/100 on essays and 55% correct on MC to pass Florida section. So any downfall in those area can be measured against however much better you expect to do on the MBE. Personally, I suck at essays and I don't really plan on getting good enough at Article 3 or 9 of the UCC to write a passing essay, but I do plan on nailing procedure and evidence, and BSing the MBE subject essays and being good at trust.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”