Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:49 pm
NY-Lawyer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm
ryan1888hls wrote:That's interesting...anything in your background that would have raised a red flag?
NY-Lawyer wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
Even after I responded to some inquiries, I think it will still a month or two before I got my clearance letter. It'll come though.
I got the inquiries in early to mid-January. So, I would hope we are getting close at this point. Won't much matter if I don't pass the bar exam!
Yeah that's true. I guess we'll find out in a month or so whether we did or not.
So, I received a letter from the Board today saying that they are deferring making a decision on my application for now. They are requiring a 10-page brief from me. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I possibly be getting in contact with a Florida character & fitness attorney? It seems like they just want to ensure that I understand that I need to be a law abiding citizen and how important that is for trust. I would think if I write a nice brief on this, then maybe they will clear me.
That's interesting...
Yeah, I had a legal issue from a couple years ago that I knew may present a delay. I was very candid and provided a long written account of what happened and provided all paperwork up front. I don't think it should ultimately prevent me from being cleared since I don't have any misdemeanor or felony convictions on my record and it didn't involve fraud or dishonesty (plus, other attorneys have done far worse and were then admitted or are still practicing). I just didn't know they would want me to write a brief. It's not a huge deal to complete, but I haven't seen it come up anywhere else and it isn't mentioned in their rules. They haven't requested an investigative hearing, or a formal hearing. So, I'm hoping that if I submit this brief to them, then they will be satisfied and clear me. I'm admitted and in good standing in New York already. Just a little nervous that they still aren't satisfied!
My online portal says “application cleared”
Yesterday and for the last 3 weeks it said “board action pending”
Before that and for months before that it said “ongoing investigation”

Does this mean I passed character and fitness clearance?????

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:26 am

Is it worth taking just Part A in July? I did well on the MBE in another jurisdiction and this is the last time I can sign up for just Part A because FL has that stupidly short 2 year window. I've read that Part A covers a lot of MBE subjects too. So it doesn't sound like I can just study FL topics. I need to decide today in order to get my paperwork submitted in time for Monday.

The_renaissance_man

New

Post by The_renaissance_man » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am

Sign up for both parts and decide later. There is no consequence if you actually only sit for one part. The FBBE will confirm this if you call.

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:50 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. If I take both sections I'd probably wait and not take the test now (I haven't applied yet. Final deadline is this Monday). Pros of waiting are that a firm will probably cover my cost and it wont be traveling between states in a pandemic. Cons of waiting are having to take the full test and could limit my lateral options. I just don't know how much of a benefit I should weigh just taking the FL portion? Like is it a lot less information? The list makes it seem like it's 80% the same stuff as the MBE...in which case I don't see myself saving a lot of study time by just taking Part A.

kennedywomack

New

Post by kennedywomack » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Hello! Would you mind adding me to the drive? kennedywomack@gmail.com :) Thanks so much!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kennedywomack

New

Post by kennedywomack » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum but would love any and all advice! I am taking the July exam and it will be my first time, as I just graduated law school, so I am pretty nervous. Could you DM me and we can chat? I also am interested in hiring a tutor and would love to discuss that part. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi, regarding the self-quarantine executive orders, do they apply for travelers from the D.C. area?

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Is there a list or chart anywhere that lists what topics get tested the most often on Part A? Specifically, it would be great to know if there is some essay topic that rarely gets tested or even gets tested very often.

Similarly, is there a generally accepted breakdown for the FL MCQs? I've read that FL Con Law, FL Crime law and FL Judicial law make up 1/3 of the MCQs, but haven't seen anything about the other 2/3?

idontwannausername

New

Post by idontwannausername » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am

I made up a chart based on the released essays that are posted on the floridabarexam.org website. The least tested topics I found were: UCC 3 & 9, Fed Con Law, Fed Crim Law, Fed Crim Pro, and Evidence.

As far as the breakdown, FL MCQs cover 4 out of the 5 following topics: FL Civ Pro, FL Crim Pro, FL Evidence, FL Wills, FL Business Entities. Crim Pro/Civ Pro will always appear, Evidence appears most of the time, and the following two will be a toss up (50/50) b/w Wills and Business Entities.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Does anyone have any predictions for the essay portion this year?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:29 pm

idontwannausername wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am
I made up a chart based on the released essays that are posted on the floridabarexam.org website. The least tested topics I found were: UCC 3 & 9, Fed Con Law, Fed Crim Law, Fed Crim Pro, and Evidence.

As far as the breakdown, FL MCQs cover 4 out of the 5 following topics: FL Civ Pro, FL Crim Pro, FL Evidence, FL Wills, FL Business Entities. Crim Pro/Civ Pro will always appear, Evidence appears most of the time, and the following two will be a toss up (50/50) b/w Wills and Business Entities.
FWIW they hadn't tested one of the rotating subjects 3 times in a row in forever until February which was Wills. It's definitely possible they'll test Wills again just to mess with us but BE and Evidence seem more likely.

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Thank you! In your reviews did you notice it’s the same topics that get tested a lot on the essays? Since I’m just taking Part A, I’m really trying to hone in on what might actually be on the essays.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:22 am

anonymous1905 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:24 pm
Thank you! In your reviews did you notice it’s the same topics that get tested a lot on the essays? Since I’m just taking Part A, I’m really trying to hone in on what might actually be on the essays.
For certain subjects like Trusts it's pretty much the same stuff. For Fl Con Law(most consistently tested subject) there's a ton of different subtopics they can test, it's been on the past 2 exams but they could certainly go for 3 in a row.

It seems unlikely they'll test Torts since it was a big topic in two of the February essays but who knows.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:16 pm

So is this exam actually happening in a month and if so, does anyone know a good estate lawyer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Does anyone have any tips or advice regarding FL ConLaw? The topics are just all over the place and it seems nearly impossible to memorize all that information for only a possible essay.

retaker_SF

New

Post by retaker_SF » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 pm

anonymous1905 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:16 pm
So is this exam actually happening in a month and if so, does anyone know a good estate lawyer?
this is so sad, but total gold

GnosisExchange

New

Post by GnosisExchange » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 am

retaker_SF wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 pm
anonymous1905 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:16 pm
this is so sad, but total gold

Is anyone else having a very hard time staying motivated to study with the increasing number of COVID-19 cases? I'm struggling both because it seems possible that the test will be canceled last minute and because it feels socially irresponsible to be studying for this test when there are much more important things going on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am

Yeah it's really tough to stay motivated with covid and everything else going on. It's ridiculous to take the exam with these covid spikes but pretty par for the course in Florida. The bathrooms may as well be covid breeding spots with pretty much every bar taker rushing in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 am

johngotti wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am
Yeah it's really tough to stay motivated with covid and everything else going on. It's ridiculous to take the exam with these covid spikes but pretty par for the course in Florida. The bathrooms may as well be covid breeding spots with pretty much every bar taker rushing in.
Wow! I hadn't even considered the bathroom issue. I know that an online bar exam has its own issues (obviously not everyone has the same access to a quiet place to take the exam or a consistent internet connection), but it still seems infinitely preferable to this disaster of a plan.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 am
johngotti wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am
Wow! I hadn't even considered the bathroom issue. I know that an online bar exam has its own issues (obviously not everyone has the same access to a quiet place to take the exam or a consistent internet connection), but it still seems infinitely preferable to this disaster of a plan.
On the main FBBE website it says they'll release the virtual tours of the exam sites "soon", when that happens expect a bigger shitshow if it's completely inadequate. Our best hope is that everyone quarantines for essentially the whole month of July in preparation but even if that happens what about proctors, etc?

anonymous1905

New

Post by anonymous1905 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

A lot of us are already licensed in other jurisdictions and are going to have to come down and quarantine in Florida before taking the test, which is kind of ridiculous given how much more dangerous Florida is than most other states. Then after the test we go back to our home states and have to quarantine for another two weeks so we don’t spread it. It’s pretty ridiculous that I have to take a month off work to take a one day test (just part A) and have already been practicing law.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JDJM6215

New

Post by JDJM6215 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 pm

URGENT

This is an urgent request from a FL law graduate. FL Covid-19 cases are continuing to go up exponentially. The Supreme Court is taking comments on administration of the test at the end of JULY. If you know anyone from FL taking the bar exam in July, please forward the picture and if you feel compelled, send the SC a letter telling them to postpone the test, please do so.

Life is precious, no one should have to sit in a room with others taking a test when the test could be administered online like the CA proposed exam. I am so sorry to take anyone away from their studying and working to do this, so don't be distracted, just forward on to FL bar applicants and their families.

Jenn

I do not know how to post the picture of the tweet and thank you for reading.

Comments to FL BAR SUPREME COURT fsc@flcourts.org

JDJM6215

New

Post by JDJM6215 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:10 pm

anonymous1905 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm
A lot of us are already licensed in other jurisdictions and are going to have to come down and quarantine in Florida before taking the test, which is kind of ridiculous given how much more dangerous Florida is than most other states. Then after the test we go back to our home states and have to quarantine for another two weeks so we don’t spread it. It’s pretty ridiculous that I have to take a month off work to take a one day test (just part A) and have already been practicing law.
This is an urgent request from a FL law graduate. FL Covid-19 cases are continuing to go up exponentially. The Supreme Court is taking comments on administration of the test at the end of JULY. If you know anyone from FL taking the bar exam in July, please forward the picture and if you feel compelled, send the SC a letter telling them to postpone the test, please do so.

Life is precious, no one should have to sit in a room with others taking a test when the test could be administered online like the CA proposed exam. I am so sorry to take anyone away from their studying and working to do this, so don't be distracted, just forward on to FL bar applicants and their families.

Jenn

I do not know how to post the picture of the tweet and thank you for reading.

Comments to FL BAR SUPREME COURT fsc@flcourts.org

mystikal

New

Post by mystikal » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:39 pm

I believe the examination is now being administered online, and only portion A.

Check the press release :

https://www.floridabarexam.org/splash/

So lucky examinees...

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 pm

mystikal wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:39 pm
I believe the examination is now being administered online, and only portion A.

Check the press release :

https://www.floridabarexam.org/splash/

So lucky examinees...
I can definitely see them writing a bunch of terrible Property, Fed Civ Pro, etc questions on the mc to just completely screw people over. Maybe if they'd planned for this months ago they could've done the whole thing online over 2 days but seems like they just figured covid would go away now it's "holy shit what do we do?"

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”