Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
erin8424

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by erin8424 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Has anyone heard anything? At this point I would just take a reply receipt from the oath email.
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
flbar123 wrote:“I do have a question for those that passed. I uploaded my oath of attorney last week but have not heard back from the board. Has anyone heard back after uploading their oath? I'm ready to become "official".“

I emailed the bar and they responded that the shutdown is going to slow down the process of getting bar numbers out and they are working as fast as they can. So who knows...
I’m in the same boat. Got sworn in the day the results were posted. Not a peep from
the Board since. Not sure why they were making all the considerable “efforts” to grade the February exam on time when it seems like they aren’t finishing the process, i.e., acknowledging oaths, etc.

natalyf

New

Post by natalyf » Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm

allymariee19 wrote:For everyone who is taking the Bar in July, I have access to a Google Drive that has a ton of information, MC questions, study guides, & templates plus more. It also has UBE and MPT, MEE study guides so you can send the link and share it with whoever you want. Please send me your email so that I can share it with you! I wish you all the best of luck and would like to help wherever I can.
That's so kind of you! Would you be able to email me the link at nfseller2020@gmail.com? I tried to send you a direct message, but it won't allow me, stating my account is too new. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 06, 2020 3:50 pm

erin8424 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? At this point I would just take a reply receipt from the oath email.
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
flbar123 wrote:“I do have a question for those that passed. I uploaded my oath of attorney last week but have not heard back from the board. Has anyone heard back after uploading their oath? I'm ready to become "official".“

I emailed the bar and they responded that the shutdown is going to slow down the process of getting bar numbers out and they are working as fast as they can. So who knows...
I’m in the same boat. Got sworn in the day the results were posted. Not a peep from
the Board since. Not sure why they were making all the considerable “efforts” to grade the February exam on time when it seems like they aren’t finishing the process, i.e., acknowledging oaths, etc.
Submitted my oath about a week ago and got all of my official stuff today.

asclarington

New

Post by asclarington » Thu May 07, 2020 12:43 am

allymariee19 wrote:For everyone who is taking the Bar in July, I have access to a Google Drive that has a ton of information, MC questions, study guides, & templates plus more. It also has UBE and MPT, MEE study guides so you can send the link and share it with whoever you want. Please send me your email so that I can share it with you! I wish you all the best of luck and would like to help wherever I can.
Thank you! My email is claringtona@me.com. Thanks again.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 07, 2020 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? At this point I would just take a reply receipt from the oath email.
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:

Submitted my oath about a week ago and got all of my official stuff today.
Submitted my oath on April 16th, got my official email yesterday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:27 pm

You are so sweet. I messaged you my email. Thank you so much!

asclarington

New

Post by asclarington » Fri May 08, 2020 1:23 pm

asclarington wrote:
Thank you! My email is claringtona@me.com. Thanks again.
I did not receive the email. Try this one instead: antoinette.clarington@gmail.com. Thanks again.

sopycheck

New

Post by sopycheck » Sat May 09, 2020 7:00 am

a great resource to learn

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm

I received my bar number and online goodies a week ago. Not only that, I interviewed and got a job offer as a Public Defender on the same day (which I accepted). I'm really lucky and super excited!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do we submit our oath as an out of state test taker? I'm trying to quickly put together my application before the May 15th deadline and don't know of anyone taking the Florida exam from my school so it's been quite a headache on my own.

NY-Lawyer

New

Post by NY-Lawyer » Mon May 11, 2020 3:14 pm

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm
I received my bar number and online goodies a week ago. Not only that, I interviewed and got a job offer as a Public Defender on the same day (which I accepted). I'm really lucky and super excited!
Awesome news! Congrats!

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm

NY-Lawyer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:14 pm
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm
Awesome news! Congrats!
Thank you :)

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Debating signing up for both parts or only Part A. If I signed up for both parts but in mid-June decided I only wanted to take Part A would I have to show up on Wednesday or could I just skip it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:50 am

johngotti wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 pm
Debating signing up for both parts or only Part A. If I signed up for both parts but in mid-June decided I only wanted to take Part A would I have to show up on Wednesday or could I just skip it?
I am not sure I was debating that my self actually. I think if we skip or fail it basically deletes our passing score for that section... i think.. i could totally be wrong but I thought i read that somewhere. How many points did you pass MBE by? it might not be worth the risk?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:50 am
johngotti wrote:
I am not sure I was debating that my self actually. I think if we skip or fail it basically deletes our passing score for that section... i think.. i could totally be wrong but I thought i read that somewhere. How many points did you pass MBE by? it might not be worth the risk?
I decided to only take Part A. I only passed the MBE by a few points and it probably wasn't worth the extra adaptibar practice and whatnot. The major downside is screwing up one essay probably means I won't pass so everything has to be on point. I'm gonna start serious studying tomorrow using past essays.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:23 pm

johngotti wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 pm
Allegedly88 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:50 am
johngotti wrote:
I decided to only take Part A. I only passed the MBE by a few points and it probably wasn't worth the extra adaptibar practice and whatnot. The major downside is screwing up one essay probably means I won't pass so everything has to be on point. I'm gonna start serious studying tomorrow using past essays.
gosh i wish i was taking part A instead of part B. I cant stand the MBE, I need to figure out a way to beat it this time. We both can do this!

allymariee19

New

Post by allymariee19 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Hey everyone! I just responded to all the DM's I received regarding the Bar Prep materials and added everyone to the Google drives! To be added, please send me your email. If anyone would like to chat about my Florida score and/or how I passed this time (I know I said this before) but please reach out to me so I can help. My job offer is on hold, so I have nothing but time to help with the Bar.

Wishing you all success.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

allymariee19

New

Post by allymariee19 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Good Afternoon everyone! I am a part of a GroupMe chat that has individuals from different Jx's sharing materials and info (including FL). I have been helping everyone in that group and it is a great way to stay connected, accountable, and ask questions. Please send me your names and phone numbers to be added to the Group!

Stay safe.

2davywavy

New

Post by 2davywavy » Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 pm

allymariee19 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm
Hey everyone! I just responded to all the DM's I received regarding the Bar Prep materials and added everyone to the Google drives! To be added, please send me your email. If anyone would like to chat about my Florida score and/or how I passed this time (I know I said this before) but please reach out to me so I can help. My job offer is on hold, so I have nothing but time to help with the Bar.

Wishing you all success.
Hello! Would you mind adding one more to the drive? Thank you for being so kind. df7269a@student.american.edu

raquelislove

New

Post by raquelislove » Sun May 24, 2020 11:41 am

allymariee19 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone! I am a part of a GroupMe chat that has individuals from different Jx's sharing materials and info (including FL). I have been helping everyone in that group and it is a great way to stay connected, accountable, and ask questions. Please send me your names and phone numbers to be added to the Group!

Stay safe.
Can you add me to the google drive, raquelislove@yahoo.com, when you get the chance. Also I would like to be added to the group me as well but I cant pm you at the moment.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Admission tickets for July are up in the applicant portal stating either Tampa or Orlando.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

New

Post by 0134580 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:53 am

I uploaded and emailed my oath about 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a peep. Why is it taking so long? I called today and was told it could take up to 8 weeks! wtf? Everyone I know says it took no more than a week. Anyone have any insight?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:49 pm

NY-Lawyer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm
ryan1888hls wrote:That's interesting...anything in your background that would have raised a red flag?
NY-Lawyer wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:Thanks for the info! I'm admitted in NY so have gone through the C&F stuff there. Like you said, maybe that helps. The Florida Board sent a letter where they wanted a few minor things clarified, but that has been it. I would think it's gotta be close to wrapping up.
Even after I responded to some inquiries, I think it will still a month or two before I got my clearance letter. It'll come though.
I got the inquiries in early to mid-January. So, I would hope we are getting close at this point. Won't much matter if I don't pass the bar exam!
Yeah that's true. I guess we'll find out in a month or so whether we did or not.
So, I received a letter from the Board today saying that they are deferring making a decision on my application for now. They are requiring a 10-page brief from me. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I possibly be getting in contact with a Florida character & fitness attorney? It seems like they just want to ensure that I understand that I need to be a law abiding citizen and how important that is for trust. I would think if I write a nice brief on this, then maybe they will clear me.
That's interesting...
Yeah, I had a legal issue from a couple years ago that I knew may present a delay. I was very candid and provided a long written account of what happened and provided all paperwork up front. I don't think it should ultimately prevent me from being cleared since I don't have any misdemeanor or felony convictions on my record and it didn't involve fraud or dishonesty (plus, other attorneys have done far worse and were then admitted or are still practicing). I just didn't know they would want me to write a brief. It's not a huge deal to complete, but I haven't seen it come up anywhere else and it isn't mentioned in their rules. They haven't requested an investigative hearing, or a formal hearing. So, I'm hoping that if I submit this brief to them, then they will be satisfied and clear me. I'm admitted and in good standing in New York already. Just a little nervous that they still aren't satisfied!
Hi NY Lawyer, I came across your post and was wondering how writing the brief to the FBBE went? Did you get a reply from them/have you been cleared? Thank you so much. Poly

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:14 pm

They took about 2.5 - 3 weeks to process oaths after results came out this year.

I know this because I searched the member directory and found the last admitted bar number (from fall 2019 exam) and checked everyday until the next bar number was posted online.

Email the info email address and ask for confirmation that they received your oath.

And once it’s processed you will see your name on the Florida bar member directory search with your bar number.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Gotti, even if you signed up for both days, you can just tell them the day before (preferably earlier) that you only want to take one day in particular.

If you already passed a certain section, it’s good until expiration date :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”