Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anonymous1905

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by anonymous1905 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Yeah, not looking forward to MBE questions written by the FBBE.

BansheeScream

New

Post by BansheeScream » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 pm

How are people changing their study plan? The extra time and the lack of an MBE makes some stuff difficult.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:52 pm

I only had to take part B mbe. Now i have the pleasure of studying all florida subjects, again. Speechless.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 pm

BansheeScream wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 pm
How are people changing their study plan? The extra time and the lack of an MBE makes some stuff difficult.
I dont even know where to start! I have been studying only the mbe since i passed part a. This is a real mess. How do we know what the multiple choice will be? 50 florida and 50 their own made up mbe questions?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:47 am

BansheeScream wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 pm
With zero info on what's gonna be tested (other than "study everything") no one has a clue. The biggest question is what will they do with the FL mc portion? Every essay question they've done is different but there's common testing areas for each subject. Creating new questions for subjects they've never tested on the mc is a total joke. They'd better provide us with some further info on mc possibilities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ginanacosta

New

Post by ginanacosta » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:43 pm

This is really killing my motivation to study. Waiting to see how Themis updates the study schedule and material.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm

They just moved it back one more day to August 19 so it wouldn't conflict with the primary. It's hilarious how little they planned for this.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:11 pm

johngotti wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm
They just moved it back one more day to August 19 so it wouldn't conflict with the primary. It's hilarious how little they planned for this.
Did they post a new order saying Aug 19?
I see in the FAQ it says the 19th now, but dont see it anywhere else. It looks like its only going to be on florida subjects? Did i read that right in the FAQ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:59 pm

johngotti wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 pm
mystikal wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:39 pm
I believe the examination is now being administered online, and only portion A.

Check the press release :

https://www.floridabarexam.org/splash/

So lucky examinees...
I can definitely see them writing a bunch of terrible Property, Fed Civ Pro, etc questions on the mc to just completely screw people over. Maybe if they'd planned for this months ago they could've done the whole thing online over 2 days but seems like they just figured covid would go away now it's "holy shit what do we do?"
I agree with your second statement only, the HS. But to have the test in a test center is unwise, so the announcement is a WIN, in my opinion for those taking the exam. Preparing for it being online, means to figure out how to type the issues, rules in outline format online, not using paper. The MBE practice on the most commonly used bar review prep is Adaptibar, which is online, that will help. Using the following:

NCBE release of 1992 Questions 581 questions released MBE questions from 1976-1992, includes answer key. Note: the NCBE offers these as samples of the range and format of questions not as currently tested material.
>
> http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F20
>
> Sample MBE 1991
>
> http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F22
>
> Sample MBE II 1991
>
> http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F21
>
> Sample MBE III 1998
>
> http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F18

Say you need to practice MBE's and did not sign up for Adaptibar or the NCBE or a bar review, download over 500 (although no Civ Pro) questions, then do them pretend online. Using an excel spreadsheet for your answers type a,b,c,d. Trying to simulate online environment. Applicants have time to do this. You can buy S&T the latest edition online too and simulate online environment with no hand written note taking.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:11 pm
johngotti wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm
Did they post a new order saying Aug 19?
I see in the FAQ it says the 19th now, but dont see it anywhere else. It looks like its only going to be on florida subjects? Did i read that right in the FAQ?
I think it's gonna end up being like the usual Florida portion. I'm not sure how they'd write up a bunch of mbe-style mc questions.

JDlaw17

New

Post by JDlaw17 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 pm

I have some questions regarding this exam. If anyone knows the answers or I've overlooked these somewhere, would you please let me know:

1. Can we use paper/pencils to write-out problems? With everything being online, we have no way of underlining issues, writing out notes, etc. I'm specifically thinking of wills, civ pro, property, & partnership distributions.

2. Are we allowed bathroom breaks? I was supposed to have special accommodations that allowed for extra breaks. What now?

3. What if our internet goes in/out? Is this an automatic fail?

4. Will they allow earplugs?

Ksovic

New

Post by Ksovic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 am

Re question 1, I sent a message to the FL Bar about the ability to have blank paper and pens or pencils to write-out problems and they advised that they are reviewing the matter and will make an announcement in the future.

Re question 2, the FL Bar posted a letter in the portal yesterday, July 7th, that in part contained the following information: "If you were granted test accommodations by the board for the July 2020 examination, you will receive the same test accommodations on the August 2020 examination unless the change to an online examination has rendered an accommodation moot. Applicants granted additional time on the examination will still receive that accommodation. The examination will be administered in the same fashion as described above with additional time being divided equally for each essay question and comfort breaks occurring after essay questions 1 and 2 followed by lunch after essay question 3. Individual testing schedules will be provided under separate cover.

If you require an accommodation due to the change in testing format, you must submit a petition to the board to be received by July 10, 2020. Forms for submitting a petition with the board can be found on the board's website."

If you have an account with the FL Bar you likely can see the same letter in full. They also advised elsewhere that you may submit questions to them, which you can do through the portal, if you need answers to other questions.

I hope this helps.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 am

I read the July 3 letter as a mostly Florida-law-based exam now. I suppose the examiners could write (or simply cherry pick actual) MBE questions, which is possible.

But in my opinion, it's gonna be the same format as Part A, just with the essays being more MBE-focused.

Here is my guess on format:

Essays:
-#1 Contracts or Torts
-#2 Real Property
-#3 Florida Constitution
(Maybe a random topic thrown in, like secured transactions)

Multiple Choice:
-FL Procedure (Always tested)
-Evidence (Seems likely this year)
-Either Wills or Business Entities

Thoughts? Do you think it is likely the examiners will use MBE multiple choice questions, or stick to FL topics?

Or maybe the exam will just be a complete grab bag of random stuff.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:11 pm

zeglo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 am
I read the July 3 letter as a mostly Florida-law-based exam now. I suppose the examiners could write (or simply cherry pick actual) MBE questions, which is possible.

But in my opinion, it's gonna be the same format as Part A, just with the essays being more MBE-focused.

Essays:
-#1 Contracts or Torts
-#2 Real Property
-#3 Florida Constitution

Multiple Choice:

Thoughts? Do you think it is likely the examiners will use MBE multiple choice questions, or stick to FL topics?

Definitely possible, I'd lean Fed Con Law over Fl. I think that it's likely it'll be a usual Part A, the board had literally no plan for this and coming up with a bunch of mbe subject mc questions takes a long time. If there are mc questions on things like contracts and property this may as well be a tossup.

asmith12345

New

Post by asmith12345 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:16 pm

zeglo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:05 am

Essays:
-#1 Contracts or Torts
-#2 Real Property
-#3 Florida Constitution

Multiple Choice:

I am pretty sure its going to be the following for the essays:

1. Trusts/Ethics
2. UCC Art. 3/9/ with Property
3. Federal Constitutional Law

Multiple Choice:

1. Evidence
2. Business Entities (since wills was just tested twice in a row)
3. FL Procedure

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Hmm, good point.

Contracts was just tested. And it seems they never do contracts consecutively. Same with torts.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 pm

What type of property essay is predicted? Easements?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 pm
What type of property essay is predicted? Easements?
Easements is usually part of Property essays along with things like Adverse Possession, Validity of Deeds, Tenancies, Foreclosures, etc.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

You all think UCC 3 and 9 will be tested?

Based on past patterns of essays, I am thinking maybe. Absolutely no idea. Could always surprise us with a secured transactions question or something.

Personally I'd prefer trusts over UCC because trusts questions are pretty straightforward.

Lglegl04

New

Post by Lglegl04 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:22 pm

Does anyone know if it’s ok to use a desktop computer instead of a laptop? I can’t find anything on the bar exam website that answers this.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:07 am

Lglegl04 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:22 pm
Does anyone know if it’s ok to use a desktop computer instead of a laptop? I can’t find anything on the bar exam website that answers this.
I assume that's fine. Just so you have a microphone and webcam.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:30 am

What time is the exam? I am having trouble figuring out when on August 19 it starts.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:38 pm

https://twitter.com/BarExamTracker/stat ... 9446021123

Same company Florida is using, Indiana ended up postponing the exam a week. Florida has like 4x as many people taking the exam. Can't wait!!!!

Lglegl04

New

Post by Lglegl04 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 pm

They should really let those of us who are already licensed in other states waive in. That would reduce some of the people taking the exam this go round.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:03 pm

A second delay would be ridiculous and unconscionable. I have planned my entire lease, moving schedule, work schedule, and study schedule around August 19.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”