Working full time, studying for MBE only Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
blue232

New

Working full time, studying for MBE only

Post by blue232 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:06 pm

I am an attorney licensed in another jurisdiction (Louisiana - the MBE is not part of our bar exam so I have never studied for or taken it before). I have signed up to take the Florida bar in July. I will be working full time up until about a week or so before the exam. Florida allows you to sit for the MBE and the Florida-specific sections in different administrations, so my plan is to take the MBE only since I will be working and then take the Florida section later. I have a commute and plan on using this time for lectures, and I obviously will not be preparing for any essays or Florida distinctions at this time. Any advice/words of wisdom for preparing only for the MBE?

Bar Slayer

New

Re: Working full time, studying for MBE only

Post by Bar Slayer » Mon May 18, 2015 12:43 pm

blue232 wrote:I am an attorney licensed in another jurisdiction (Louisiana - the MBE is not part of our bar exam so I have never studied for or taken it before). I have signed up to take the Florida bar in July. I will be working full time up until about a week or so before the exam. Florida allows you to sit for the MBE and the Florida-specific sections in different administrations, so my plan is to take the MBE only since I will be working and then take the Florida section later. I have a commute and plan on using this time for lectures, and I obviously will not be preparing for any essays or Florida distinctions at this time. Any advice/words of wisdom for preparing only for the MBE?
Do as many MBE questions as humanly possible, and for each question you got wrong, write down the underlying rule. After a while, you will have a lengthy list of rules. Use that list as a custom-designed outline to study.

If you're working full time, pay close attention to your energy levels. It's better to do 10 questions per day for a week than 70 questions on the weekend. Spread your practice out to avoid burnout. Plus, your brain will have additional time to absorb the information little by little-which helps with memorization.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”