Is the Feb. CA bar exam harder than the July CA. bar? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BobbyBooBoo

New

Is the Feb. CA bar exam harder than the July CA. bar?

Post by BobbyBooBoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:59 pm

I just looked up the historical pass rates between July and February. Anyone know why February almost always seem to have a 5%-10% lower pass rate overall?

I really hope the February exam isn't much harder. Sigh.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Is the Feb. CA bar exam harder than the July CA. bar?

Post by rpupkin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

BobbyBooBoo wrote:I just looked up the historical pass rates between July and February. Anyone know why February almost always seem to have a 5%-10% lower pass rate overall?

Can you really not figure out why the pass rates for February are lower?

Tomego

New

Post by Tomego » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

BobbyBooBoo wrote:I just looked up the historical pass rates between July and February. Anyone know why February almost always seem to have a 5%-10% lower pass rate overall?

I wouldn't say that is much harder or easier. I'd imagine they are fairly in line with each other. I'd guess people taking the February bar fall into 3 main categories, (1) failed the summer bar, (2) graduated off track, or (3) are moving from another state.

The pass rate for not first time takers is significantly lower than first time takers, that probably feeds into that average. I'd say people off track are either people who failed classes, ie likely to do poorly, or worked their butts off to finish earlier, contributing to a higher pass rate, I'd say its a wash for that group. Moving from another state, likely working. This would lead to less study time and less study time would equate to less pass rates. I'd say that 2/3 of the groups contribute to a lower pass rate while the third doesn't make it go too far one way or another.

BobbyBooBoo

New

Post by BobbyBooBoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Tomego wrote:

I wouldn't say that is much harder or easier. I'd imagine they are fairly in line with each other. I'd guess people taking the February bar fall into 3 main categories, (1) failed the summer bar, (2) graduated off track, or (3) are moving from another state.

The pass rate for not first time takers is significantly lower than first time takers, that probably feeds into that average. I'd say people off track are either people who failed classes, ie likely to do poorly, or worked their butts off to finish earlier, contributing to a higher pass rate, I'd say its a wash for that group. Moving from another state, likely working. This would lead to less study time and less study time would equate to less pass rates. I'd say that 2/3 of the groups contribute to a lower pass rate while the third doesn't make it go too far one way or another.
Thanks, I see there are breakdowns of the percentages now. A bit more relaxed now, stressing out of my mind.

aretoodeetoo

New

Post by aretoodeetoo » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:41 pm

anyone secretly hoping this one won't be too crazy because of the backlash from july? i haven't looked at the july test, heard from a co-worker that there was some confusing shit on it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:35 pm

aretoodeetoo wrote:anyone secretly hoping this one won't be too crazy because of the backlash from july? i haven't looked at the july test, heard from a co-worker that there was some confusing shit on it
Like the 50 MBE questions on mortgages?

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:24 am

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saraea

New

Post by saraea » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

In a word: yes.

But don't get discouraged...it's still completely doable. They step it up a notch, but not enough that you should be forlorn about it. Don't psyche yourself out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”