CA bar C&F question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawschool_2014

New

CA bar C&F question

Post by lawschool_2014 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 am

I had some problems with one of my previous employers. Long story short, the law firm partner didn't think I did a good job and he subsequently fired me. Since I will disclose my employment history, will the California bar send him moral character questionnaire? If the answer is yes, is it going to affect my admissions to the bar? Thanks!

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: CA bar C&F question

Post by rpupkin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 am

lawschool_2014 wrote:I had some problems with one of my previous employers. Long story short, the law firm partner didn't think I did a good job and he subsequently fired me. Since I will disclose my employment history, will the California bar send him moral character questionnaire? If the answer is yes, is it going to affect my admissions to the bar? Thanks!
If it was just run-of-the-mill incompetence (e.g., can't write, can't meet deadlines), then you're fine. But if your poor performance took the form of unethical conduct (e.g., you falsified documents), then you're in trouble.

Evaly

New

Re: CA bar C&F question

Post by Evaly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 am

lawschool_2014 wrote:I had some problems with one of my previous employers. Long story short, the law firm partner didn't think I did a good job and he subsequently fired me. Since I will disclose my employment history, will the California bar send him moral character questionnaire? If the answer is yes, is it going to affect my admissions to the bar? Thanks!
Yes, they will send a questionnaire to former employer, especially if you've worked for them in a legal-related role. If your supervisor at the law firm isn't that partner, then the questionnaire is not likely to be addressed to him. It will be addressed to whomever you list as your supervisor.

Probably not going to affect your admissions unless it is something unethical like the last poster said.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”