Louisiana and DC bars Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AnnieP

New

Louisiana and DC bars

Post by AnnieP » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what the procedure is for being admitted in DC after taking the Louisiana bar? DC requires a 133 on the MBE to waive in. Louisiana doesn't use the MBE. I spoke to the DC Committee on Admissions, but they didn't appear to be aware that Louisiana doesn't use the MBE and didn't have much guidance.

I am assuming that this means a person would either have to sit for the DC bar or wait five years, but does anyone know differently? Has anyone ever sought admission in DC after passing the Louisiana bar?

Thanks so much!

Aeon

Silver

Re: Louisiana and DC bars

Post by Aeon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 pm

AnnieP wrote:I am assuming that this means a person would either have to sit for the DC bar or wait five years, but does anyone know differently?
That's correct. Although if you don't want to wait for five years, you're better off taking a bar exam in another state and waiving into DC. That way, you'd get bar admission in Louisiana, DC, and a third jurisdiction.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”