Dying a slow death by way of Civ Pro MBE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AMCD

Bronze

Dying a slow death by way of Civ Pro MBE

Post by AMCD » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Adaptibar is not very forgiving in this area. Not going well. At all. So many Qs refer directly to a rule by number. WTF can you do at that point?

gaagoots

Bronze

Re: Dying a slow death by way of Civ Pro MBE

Post by gaagoots » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 pm

AMCD wrote:Adaptibar is not very forgiving in this area. Not going well. At all. So many Qs refer directly to a rule by number. WTF can you do at that point?

I was thinking the same and my 47% is a sad sad sad. :cry: Considering that the NCBE tests on the FRE, they don't have citations for the evidence code, so its unlikely they will have questions like Adaptibar. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the test questions in the NCBE bank that appear like Civ Pro questions may be reconstructed as CP questions along with newbies. Siegels's MBEs for Civ Pro have FRCP rule numbers too in the questions so I am with you--LOL don't even start reading the FRCP its boring as hell.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 pm

my guess would be that prep cos are going to make civ pro prep as hard as possible bc they have no clue what is going to be on the test

also im pretty sure i was scoring like 50% on barbri practice exams like right up to the test

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Thanks all. Misery loves company! I agree that they don't know what's coming, so this is the best they can do. Pretty terrifying! I did pretty well on the July MBE and only failed the CBX by a very small margin, but am worried this is going to sink me into a bottomless pit. I was doing well on the freebies One Timers was sending, but just horrible on Adaptibar. I mean I know a lot of rule numbers, but pretty much none of these cold that they cite. Hell, some of the answer choices refer to two rule numbers as rationale!!

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:06 pm

None of the sample Civil Procedure questions released by the NCBEX have any answer choices that state any rule -- I'm using Themis and Emmanuel's Strategies & Tactic's for sample CP questions and none of the answers are based on a rule numbers/cite rule numbers, nor do the questions themselves, just as evidence question answers don't have rule numbers in the answer choices or questions.

... I'm not sure how well Adaptibar may be prepping for civil procedure.

Definitely take a look!: http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... stions.pdf

Hopefully that eases some stress :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Thank you for these! Been meaning to look at them. Adaptibar was very good preparing for the last exam with the other 6 subjects, so yes, this has been a bit of a shock. There is still some benefit, of course, as you do pick up a lot of the nuances of various issues that seem broad/general and must be known, albeit without the rule number. Onwards and upwards we go!

underthirty

Bronze

Post by underthirty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bb8900

New

Post by bb8900 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 am

I am using Themis and hate the civ pro mbe's. They are so hard. Civ pro is too weird a subject to answer via multiple choice!

Also, I ordered the Emanuel's book for July, but never used it. However, I have decided to use it a little this time. How do I get the code to access his new civ pro questions? Anyone know?

Thanks!

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:38 am

bb8900 wrote:I am using Themis and hate the civ pro mbe's. They are so hard. Civ pro is too weird a subject to answer via multiple choice!

Also, I ordered the Emanuel's book for July, but never used it. However, I have decided to use it a little this time. How do I get the code to access his new civ pro questions? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Did you get the code with the book when you bought it? That's how I got it but I also purchased it relatively recently, in November. PM me and I can theoretically :) email you a .pdf them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iowaguy

New

Post by iowaguy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:41 am

I'm betting that the experimental ones this time are mostly civpro again (not all, but most) and that will continue to be true for the next few exams while they beef up enough of them to have real vetted questions for future exams.

nvbar2015

New

Post by nvbar2015 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm

The Barbri civ pro questions are actually pretty easy. I'm worried that Barbri might be way off the mark and I'll get screwed on MBE day.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:07 pm

nvbar2015 wrote:The Barbri civ pro questions are actually pretty easy. I'm worried that Barbri might be way off the mark and I'll get screwed on MBE day.
Emanuel's Strategies & Tactics MBE questions are hard as shit to me whereas I find Themis questions relatively on par with their other questions ... it might be worth it to look at the former's questions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”