Adaptibar prediction accuracy?? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AMCD

Bronze

Adaptibar prediction accuracy??

Post by AMCD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:57 am

Failed CBX in Feb by three points. Used Adaptibar and ended up with a 122 raw. Retook Adaptibar and accuracy went up to about 67/68% to about 74% in all subjects versus low 60s in Feb. was told by their folks that you need to be around 65% in everything going into the test. My raw July score however was barely any different with a 124. Not sure what to do about MBE prep now as I did the entire Q bank of released questions twice with them. Any thoughts on other online programs? What makes Best Multis any better if anyone has experience with both? Thanks all in advance. Can't believe Many of us need to go through this again.

jarofsoup

Gold

Re: Adaptibar prediction accuracy??

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 am

What was your scaled score????

I am retaking in NY after failing CBX and probably just going to do Kaplan--I did barbri last time got a round a 126 raw. As far as your studying goes maybe it is something like timing or not memorizing enough law.

My hope is that the addition of Civ Pro gives me an age by cutting back on the topics that I am weak on.

Its a bit crazy to think that we failed a bar exam with scaled MBE's in the 140s.

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:42 pm

It was in the 140s, yes. But, Adaptibar would claim you needed around a 130/133 raw, and that's where I was, so just frustrating it didn't pan out. Given that letter from NCBX to the deans, something seems to have been awry. Fat lot of use it does any of us now. My timing is good, and I had some 70s on essays and a PT, so who knows where the holes in my knowledge are at this point! Good luck with NY!

bklynattorney

New

Post by bklynattorney » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:51 pm

jarofsoup wrote:What was your scaled score????

I am retaking in NY after failing CBX and probably just going to do Kaplan--I did barbri last time got a round a 126 raw. As far as your studying goes maybe it is something like timing or not memorizing enough law.

My hope is that the addition of Civ Pro gives me an age by cutting back on the topics that I am weak on.

Its a bit crazy to think that we failed a bar exam with scaled MBE's in the 140s.
Good luck On the NYBX. I passed the July 2014 NYBX with a 137.5 scaled MBE score, which points to above average performance on the essays, MPT and NY multiple choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”