Studying for the bar while working full time Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ditch digger

Bronze

Studying for the bar while working full time

Post by ditch digger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:13 pm

I was lucky enough to have the luxury of taking time off from work while preparing for my first bar exam. My firm now wants me to take the bar exam in a neighboring jurisdiction this February, and I will be working full time during the months leading up to the exam.

I won't be taking the MBE so I figured I will save a lot of time by not doing the AMPs and MBE practice sets. I am also considering not watching any of the non-state specific lectures. Do you guys have any other time saving tips?

Bearlegdairy

Bronze

Re: Studying for the bar while working full time

Post by Bearlegdairy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 pm

I didn't feel that I gained much from writing out entire practice essays. Everyone's different, of course, but I found 10-15 minutes of outlining to be nearly as effective and significantly less exhausting than 60 minutes of writing.

LAWYER2

Silver

Re: Studying for the bar while working full time

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Unless you have a minimum amount of hours to bill, I would catch up as much as I can while at work. I listened to lectures with my headphones on while at work, and did practice exams at home.
Personally, I got the most benefit from reading every single past essay and model answer. Clearly you already know how to write essay answers, you just need to familiarize yourself with the law.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”