When does Barbri start? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Earl is here

New

When does Barbri start?

Post by Earl is here » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:15 am

Stupid question, but I can't find the answer. Is it safe to assume that the barbri prep course for the July 2015 New York bar exam starts after Memorial Day (May 25, 2015)? If not, can you get away with missing a few classes?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Re: When does Barbri start?

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:52 am

Prep for the July exam usually starts at the beginning of June, depending on which state you're taking.

Missing classes isn't a big deal, as the material and lectures are all on line as well - by the end of it, all I did was watch lectures on line (better to be immersed in my own nervous energy, rather than have to be surrounded by everyone else's.)

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:42 am

Depends on the state, but my CA Barbri class started on like May 20 or something, well before Memorial Day. But as was stated, you can start the program yourself and do it at your own pace. Going to class, I felt, was pretty pointless. They just play an online video, which you could watch at home anyways.

EvelynS

Bronze

Post by EvelynS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:16 pm

For Barbri NYC locations, the first day of lectures is May 20.

PinkRevolver

New

Post by PinkRevolver » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Barbri courses in DC for NY Bar start May 20

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Oregon starts May 20.

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 am

Most states are May 20 this year and I think Barbri has been starting around that time for a while now.

It sucks because there is little time off after graduation. Not even a full week for me.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:19 pm

cdelgado wrote:Most states are May 20 this year and I think Barbri has been starting around that time for a while now.

It sucks because there is little time off after graduation. Not even a full week for me.
Yeah, it limits me to taking the online-only course, since there's no way I can get all moved back home in the 5 days between convocation and barbri starting.

I mean, I guess it would be possible, but it would mean doing a lot of packing during exams, and a very stressful 5 days.

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:28 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
cdelgado wrote:Most states are May 20 this year and I think Barbri has been starting around that time for a while now.

Yeah, it limits me to taking the online-only course, since there's no way I can get all moved back home in the 5 days between convocation and barbri starting.

I mean, I guess it would be possible, but it would mean doing a lot of packing during exams, and a very stressful 5 days.
I'm in nearly the same situation, though my move is only across town. I am going to attempt to pack before Barbri classes start and move that weekend. It isn't going to be fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:46 pm

cdelgado wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

I'm in nearly the same situation, though my move is only across town. I am going to attempt to pack before Barbri classes start and move that weekend. It isn't going to be fun.
Yeah, my move is Chicago to Portland.

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:05 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Yeah, my move is Chicago to Portland.
Hope it goes well. It will be tough but you'll get it out of the way early.

Kaplan is offering two different start dates in most locations. The earliest starts after Memorial Day. I'm not sure why there is a need to start so soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”