July 2014 Bar Exam results thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kingofcream

New

Re: July 2014 Bar Exam results thread

Post by kingofcream » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 pm

lasagnacheese wrote:To all those who passed:

I passed as well, and I know how you all feel. It really does feel like you just ejaculated !!!!
tell me about it

lasagnacheese

New

Post by lasagnacheese » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Well, you are kingofcream, you should tell us about it!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 pm

UBE people= if you failed the bar some other jurisdictions will accept your UBE score if it is high enough for that jurisdiction.

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 pm

MD people- did you also get the pink slip saying character is not complete? I've already done my interview so I'm not sure if there is something missing on my end or if it is just still making its way through the second committee....

DCJD

New

Post by DCJD » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:37 pm

cooperlaserpup wrote:MD people- did you also get the pink slip saying character is not complete? I've already done my interview so I'm not sure if there is something missing on my end or if it is just still making its way through the second committee....
Passed MD! I actually felt super confident leaving the exam, and then proceeded to freak out for the past month because I was afraid I was overconfident...that waiting period messes with your mind.

I just received official notice, and yeah, I got that slip. One of my friends who also passed got the same thing, and we had the same interviewer. I've tried to call the SBLE and finally left a message after I couldn't get through the sixth time. I assume they are inundated with calls. I am thinking one or several of my past employers didn't get the materials in, since there is one who is painful about responding. I wish they would tell you WHY it was incomplete...they would have contacted you if it was serious, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 pm

DCJD wrote:
cooperlaserpup wrote:MD people- did you also get the pink slip saying character is not complete? I've already done my interview so I'm not sure if there is something missing on my end or if it is just still making its way through the second committee....
Passed MD! I actually felt super confident leaving the exam, and then proceeded to freak out for the past month because I was afraid I was overconfident...that waiting period messes with your mind.

I just received official notice, and yeah, I got that slip. One of my friends who also passed got the same thing, and we had the same interviewer. I've tried to call the SBLE and finally left a message after I couldn't get through the sixth time. I assume they are inundated with calls. I am thinking one or several of my past employers didn't get the materials in, since there is one who is painful about responding. I wish they would tell you WHY it was incomplete...they would have contacted you if it was serious, right?
I think they must have the day off for work because I called a zillion times too.

I talked to my interviewer and he said he recommended me and forwarded all my materials. So it must be stuck with the final committee :/

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:07 pm

can someone post the exact link where we can check our results tomorrow at 6 for CA?

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:08 pm

gothamm wrote:can someone post the exact link where we can check our results tomorrow at 6 for CA?

http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 pm

camelcrema wrote:
gothamm wrote:can someone post the exact link where we can check our results tomorrow at 6 for CA?

http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/
thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I took CA in July and did not pass. Got very close to doing so though... I am looking at taking NY, MD or MA or like MA/NY or NJ/NY this time around. I only have a month for full time study, the rest will have to be nights an weekends. I am probably going to take Kaplan because I was rather unimpressed by barbri.

Any recommendations on which bar to take? My MBE score was around a 126 raw (barbri's estimate). I am guessing scaled it was around 140. CA has a weird scaling for the MBE. Civ pro is a strong subject for me so I think this will help me in Feb.

I live in DC and I just need to pass , so I am very interested in MD and MA. Does anyone know how difficult MD or is compared to NY?

lasagnacheese

New

Post by lasagnacheese » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Take the MA bar-- probably your easiest bet. I live in DC as well, and ya, you will be able to waive into DC as long as your MBE is 133+. (or unless you are into patent practice in which case you can really game the system)

ginger root

New

Post by ginger root » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:39 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I took CA in July and did not pass. Got very close to doing so though... I am looking at taking NY, MD or MA or like MA/NY or NJ/NY this time around. I only have a month for full time study, the rest will have to be nights an weekends. I am probably going to take Kaplan because I was rather unimpressed by barbri.

Any recommendations on which bar to take? My MBE score was around a 126 raw (barbri's estimate). I am guessing scaled it was around 140. CA has a weird scaling for the MBE. Civ pro is a strong subject for me so I think this will help me in Feb.

I live in DC and I just need to pass , so I am very interested in MD and MA. Does anyone know how difficult MD or is compared to NY?

I have no experience with MD, but I think that if you're just looking for an easy pass, you should take NJ. I just failed CA in July, but I took NY/NJ in July 2012 and passed on the first try (with a pretty low scaled MBE of 135). NJ was only MBE subjects and only tested NJ distinctions on Civ Pro. I did no specific studying for NJ except skimming a civ pro outline the night before the exam. During the exam, I started nodding off at one point, and then on my last essay, I mismanaged my time and didn't even finish it. I still passed. I don't mean to brag -- I just want to demonstrate the night/day difference between CA and NJ.

dxchpwd

New

Post by dxchpwd » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:07 am

jarofsoup wrote:I took CA in July and did not pass. Got very close to doing so though... I am looking at taking NY, MD or MA or like MA/NY or NJ/NY this time around. I only have a month for full time study, the rest will have to be nights an weekends. I am probably going to take Kaplan because I was rather unimpressed by barbri.

Are you interested in a a study group in DC for the MBE and/or NY? I live in DC as well.

Good luck

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”