July 2014 Bar Exam results thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Pearalegal

Silver

Re: July 2014 Bar Exam results thread

Post by Pearalegal » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 am

I'm thinking because only one person is reporting red checks, it may be a mean tactic to lure people into false security.

barcrazy

New

Post by barcrazy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 am

Pearalegal wrote:I'm thinking because only one person is reporting red checks, it may be a mean tactic to lure people into false security.
I agree

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

barcrazy wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:I'm thinking because only one person is reporting red checks, it may be a mean tactic to lure people into false security.
I agree
Three people on that thread appear to be posting red x's and a Petition labeled RETAKE that they were able to submit.

It doesn't mean much, but it does seem like something :/

I feel so sick....like shaking and nauseated. This process is simply the worst thing ever.

Beatmyshorts

New

Post by Beatmyshorts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 pm

See you on the other side, mates.

cooperlaserpup

Bronze

Post by cooperlaserpup » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Passed MD!!! Holy crap. I feel like I just ran a marathon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kingofcream

New

Post by kingofcream » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm

NJ results are out today! Passed but not yet certified. No missing documents on my end, just still under review apparently.

ceereeus420

New

Post by ceereeus420 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Passed NJ with a 159. So happy its over, this has literally been the first thing I have thought of every morning since August 1st.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 pm

PASSED

ahduke99

New

Post by ahduke99 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Passed South Carolina! No idea what my scores were. They mail them out today. I guess I'll know Monday .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Brorax

New

Post by Brorax » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 pm

For future years, regarding the Maryland bar - ignore the posts in this thread about a correlation between character committee interviews and passing the bar. I passed and I still have not had my interview. I also know several people who had their interviews before they even took the test. There is absolutely no connection between the two processes. It's entirely on your interviewer when they want to schedule interviews.

kingofcream

New

Post by kingofcream » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:46 pm

bklynattorney wrote:I passed the NY Bar with a 137.5 scaled MBE. While not a "bad" MBE score, its not as high as some of the others I've seen in this thread, so will assume that my essays helped push me over the top. Having said that, I was a little shocked (although obviously thrilled) with my results. I worked full time this summer as a law clerk, while taking an online Kaplan bar review course (I finished about 75% of the course). The MBE seemed pretty difficult, although I was able to narrow things down to two choices for the more difficult problems; while only 10% of the exam, I think I did surprisingly well on the NYS specific multiple choice questions. The essays weren't necessarily bad, but there was a considerable amount of trusts problems, which is a subject that I was not all too prepared for.

Congrats to everyone who passed this go around, and best of luck to those who will retake in February!
Great news and congrats! The advice I got for the NY multiple choice at least was "spray and pray" basically. Everyone does poorly on it so just do your best and don't worry too much about it.

Beatmyshorts

New

Post by Beatmyshorts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Brorax wrote:For future years, regarding the Maryland bar - ignore the posts in this thread about a correlation between character committee interviews and passing the bar. I passed and I still have not had my interview. I also know several people who had their interviews before they even took the test. There is absolutely no connection between the two processes. It's entirely on your interviewer when they want to schedule interviews.
Same here. Passed and haven't even been contacted yet.

majr312

New

Post by majr312 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:36 pm

Beatmyshorts wrote:
Brorax wrote:For future years, regarding the Maryland bar - ignore the posts in this thread about a correlation between character committee interviews and passing the bar. I passed and I still have not had my interview. I also know several people who had their interviews before they even took the test. There is absolutely no connection between the two processes. It's entirely on your interviewer when they want to schedule interviews.
Same here. Passed and haven't even been contacted yet.
Same here!! Thought I bombed some of the essays and the MPT, but I passed :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sls3l

New

Post by sls3l » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 am

NY testing... if I scored [deleted] MBE, what did I have to gotten on the essays+MPT to pass?

Is there a way to view a more detailed result sheet with breakdown?
Last edited by sls3l on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 am

sls3l wrote:NY testing... if I scored 127 scaled MBE, what did I have to gotten on the essays+MPT to pass?

i'd like to know this as well, especially since the MBE in NY only accounts for 40% of the exam. ( Essays are 50% and NYMC is 10%)

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:49 pm

northwood wrote:
sls3l wrote:NY testing... if I scored 127 scaled MBE, what did I have to gotten on the essays+MPT to pass?

i'd like to know this as well, especially since the MBE in NY only accounts for 40% of the exam. ( Essays are 50% and NYMC is 10%)
I think the essays are 40%, because the MPT and New York multiple choice section are worth 10% each. Not that anyone ever does particularly well on NYMC.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Lawst wrote:
northwood wrote:

I think the essays are 40%, because the MPT and New York multiple choice section are worth 10% each. Not that anyone ever does particularly well on NYMC.

I considered the MPT as another essay, albeit one without requiring knowledge of any specific laws, and applying laws of Franklin to a set of facts and provided issue

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm

153 in Maryland--woohoo! Wish they gave you your essay scores since they count for so much in our state.

JDorBust

New

Post by JDorBust » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Pearalegal wrote:153 in Maryland--woohoo! Wish they gave you your essay scores since they count for so much in our state.
Did you already receive the official results by mail?

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:12 pm

JDorBust wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:153 in Maryland--woohoo! Wish they gave you your essay scores since they count for so much in our state.
Yeah, got the letter in the mail tonight. Have to do the affirmation, yadda yadda yadda.

JDorBust

New

Post by JDorBust » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
JDorBust wrote:
Yeah, got the letter in the mail tonight. Have to do the affirmation, yadda yadda yadda.
That was quick! Congrats!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:18 pm

It's not precise, but a rough calculator can be found here: http://www.seperac.com/calc-bar-j14.php

j1987

Bronze

Post by j1987 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:56 pm

kingofcream wrote:NJ results are out today! Passed but not yet certified. No missing documents on my end, just still under review apparently.
I have the same thing. Passed, but my application is still under review. No missing documents, and I had nothing in my application that would've been a red flag. Phew.. I feel better knowing someone else has this too.

Now to also get started on the NY character & fitness application stuff..

kingofcream

New

Post by kingofcream » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:49 pm

j1987 wrote:
kingofcream wrote:NJ results are out today! Passed but not yet certified. No missing documents on my end, just still under review apparently.
I have the same thing. Passed, but my application is still under review. No missing documents, and I had nothing in my application that would've been a red flag. Phew.. I feel better knowing someone else has this too.

Now to also get started on the NY character & fitness application stuff..
Cool, not just me. I knew going in that NY would take forever and I wouldn't be sworn in until 2015 (especially since I'm 1st department). I was sort of looking forward to Jersey since I could basically get sworn in and be a real lawyer right away. But that's just vanity I guess.

lasagnacheese

New

Post by lasagnacheese » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:52 pm

To all those who passed:

I passed as well, and I know how you all feel. It really does feel like you just ejaculated !!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”