Examsoft needs to refund students for pain and suffering Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sundontshine

Bronze

Re: Examsoft needs to refund students for pain and suffering

Post by sundontshine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

crEEp wrote:look, it's not about recovering damages for pain and suffering or any of that nonsense. it's about examsoft touting their spyware as the greatest thing ever for exams (e.g., https://twitter.com/ExamSoft/status/493765654340579328 ) and a large group of customers getting burned because they trusted this crap.
How did you get "burned"? Because you had to click submit a few more times than you expected? They're still going to grade your essays, and all states extended deadlines if necessary.

You're going to enjoy practicing law if having to click submit ten times is worthy of a BBB complaint or whatever.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:You're right, you didn't mention a law suit (just someone else suggesting a class action). We jumped to a legal reason for Examsoft to issue a refund. I think you will be much happier if you close the computer and go get drunk or sit on a beach or read stuff you enjoy or workout or really any other productive use of your energy than brooding about Examsoft, though.
Yeah, I get that, but the problem will continue. There was construction or something going on at my test center, and I asked the chill proctor wtf was going on and he just flipped out, claiming this happens every year, that it's totally unfair to everyone sitting for the exam, and that the only people who have any ability to actually change things are the examinees. It's that people just don't give a fuck and will stop at nothing to collect & protect their small slice of the pie. What ExamSoft pulled was unacceptable, which is their chosen word to describe our experience, not mine: "We understand that this is a stressful time for bar exam takers, and your experience last night was unacceptable to us." They had plenty of time to verify--and prepayments to ensure--that their servers could handle the extra load and they totally fucked up. But instead of refunds, we get a bullshit apology and hostility when we call customer service to confirm receipt of our exams. (regarding that last part, the customer service dude cut me off mid-sentence, sighed, and asked "so you want to make sure we got your exam, right?"

Yes, this is a rant, but fuck them.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm

sundontshine wrote:How did you get "burned"? Because you had to click submit a few more times than you expected? They're still going to grade your essays, and all states extended deadlines if necessary.

You're going to enjoy practicing law if having to click submit ten times is worthy of a BBB complaint or whatever.
Why don't you try actually reading what I said before making snarky comments that lack any meaningful substance. People like you are the reason TLS has the reputation it has.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 pm

crEEp wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:You're right, you didn't mention a law suit (just someone else suggesting a class action). We jumped to a legal reason for Examsoft to issue a refund. I think you will be much happier if you close the computer and go get drunk or sit on a beach or read stuff you enjoy or workout or really any other productive use of your energy than brooding about Examsoft, though.
Yeah, I get that, but the problem will continue. There was construction or something going on at my test center, and I asked the chill proctor wtf was going on and he just flipped out, claiming this happens every year, that it's totally unfair to everyone sitting for the exam, and that the only people who have any ability to actually change things are the examinees. It's that people just don't give a fuck and will stop at nothing to collect & protect their small slice of the pie. What ExamSoft pulled was unacceptable, which is their chosen word to describe our experience, not mine: "We understand that this is a stressful time for bar exam takers, and your experience last night was unacceptable to us." They had plenty of time to verify--and prepayments to ensure--that their servers could handle the extra load and they totally fucked up. But instead of refunds, we get a bullshit apology and hostility when we call customer service to confirm receipt of our exams. (regarding that last part, the customer service dude cut me off mid-sentence, sighed, and asked "so you want to make sure we got your exam, right?"

Yes, this is a rant, but fuck them.
Look, I agree, but the problem has nothing to do with Examsoft and everything to do with lazy bar associations that employ ludicrous security measures and unreliable testing metrics that don't actually determine competence. The bar exam is one of the most outdated, unnecessary, and unrepresentative and accountability-lacking traditions that exists in the American field of law. Until the people running the bar associations figure this out and change it, there will always be an issue that causes copious amounts of needless anxiety and unfair results to occur for qualified graduates trying to gain a license to practice.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Tanicius wrote:Look, I agree, but the problem has nothing to do with Examsoft and everything to do with lazy bar associations that employ ludicrous security measures and unreliable testing metrics that don't actually determine competence. The bar exam is one of the most outdated, unnecessary, and unrepresentative and accountability-lacking traditions that exists in the American field of law. Until the people running the bar associations figure this out and change it, there will always be an issue that causes copious amounts of needless anxiety and unfair results to occur for qualified graduates trying to gain a license to practice.
In my jurisdiction, the security checkpoint was just someone checking wristbands. One proctor even walked around telling everyone in the room to make sure their cell phones were on vibrate (cell phones were, in fact, prohibited and the penalty for being caught in possession of one during the exam was waterboarding or something)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm also calling bullshit on the claim that you would have chosen to hand write if you would have known this would happen. You would really severely limit your ability to take the exam effectively because of your chewed fingernails? BS

frankc

New

Post by frankc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:11 pm

people like crEEp are the reason people hate lawyers

"Oh my god I suffered an inconvenience and got kind of upset! I demand a refund! Unconscionability! I'm oping into the class!!!!"

Sack up dude. Yes it sucked. It's over now.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:11 pm

crEEp wrote:People like you are the reason TLS has the reputation it has.
And people like you are the reason lawyers have the reputation they have.

DAMMIT SCOOPED AGAIN

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I'm also calling bullshit on the claim that you would have chosen to hand write if you would have known this would happen. You would really severely limit your ability to take the exam effectively because of your chewed fingernails? BS
Please back up your assertion that handwriting the exam "would really severely limit [my] ability to take the exam." Guess what: you don't have to write 4,000 words per answer like in law school. It's actually discouraged, at least in my jurisdiction. So yes, I would have chosen to hand write the exam and fuck you for your baseless accusation.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 pm

I mean, plenty of locations didn't have construction going on at the same time, and every other administration, Examsoft did just fine, so I'm not sure what chronic oppression you're fighting.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 pm

crEEp wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:I'm also calling bullshit on the claim that you would have chosen to hand write if you would have known this would happen. You would really severely limit your ability to take the exam effectively because of your chewed fingernails? BS
Please back up your assertion that handwriting the exam "would really severely limit [my] ability to take the exam." Guess what: you don't have to write 4,000 words per answer like in law school. It's actually discouraged, at least in my jurisdiction. So yes, I would have chosen to hand write the exam and fuck you for your baseless accusation.
Would you like a shovel to help you make that hole even deeper?

Cuz if you stop talking now, in a week people might forget and you can move on with your life.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 pm

I don't get why people are making a big stink about upload issues, which are not a big deal at all.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:32 pm

crEEp wrote:
You seem like a pretty big badass. Nobody fucks with you and lives to tell the tale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sundontshine

Bronze

Post by sundontshine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 pm

crEEp wrote:
sundontshine wrote:How did you get "burned"? Because you had to click submit a few more times than you expected? They're still going to grade your essays, and all states extended deadlines if necessary.

Why don't you try actually reading what I said before making snarky comments that lack any meaningful substance. People like you are the reason TLS has the reputation it has.
What did I miss? What did their bad servers actually impact in your life? If I missed you saying that your answers will not be graded, let me know.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 pm

El Pollito wrote:I don't get why people are making a big stink about upload issues, which are not a big deal at all.
to be fair, at this point, I'm just trolling

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 pm

crEEp wrote:
El Pollito wrote:I don't get why people are making a big stink about upload issues, which are not a big deal at all.
Good save, moron.

ajcollege

New

Post by ajcollege » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Jesus, this thread is starting to make me respect ExamSoft a tiny bit for having to deal with so many goddam butthurt people every year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Good save, moron.
I've been on this site on multiple accounts for around 8 years. In law school, it was always so obvious who poasts on TLS, because they were always the ultra-gunners or the aspie loners. You guys have a great thing going here, though, and I'm sorry to have intruded

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

crEEp wrote:
I've been on this site on multiple accounts for around 8 years. In law school, it was always so obvious who poasts on TLS, because they were always the ultra-gunners or the aspie loners. You guys have a great thing going here, though, and I'm sorry to have intruded
It's true I was actually able to recognize bildungsroman at the bar exam sitting two rows behind me based solely on his posting on this site.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

crEEp wrote:
k.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
crEEp wrote:
Good save, moron.
Why did you edit out retard, ya pantywaist?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
crEEp wrote:
Good save, moron.
did he really?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 pm

crEEp wrote:
I've been on this site on multiple accounts for around 8 years. In law school, it was always so obvious who poasts on TLS, because they were always the ultra-gunners or the aspie loners.
For the record, those two groups are far from mutually exclusive.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
crEEp wrote:
Good save, moron.
Because I'm an aspie ultra gunner. I don't want that word to come up at my confirmation hearing or during the conclave.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Because I'm an aspie ultra gunner. I don't want that word to come up at my confirmation hearing or during the conclave.
..... Mel?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”