Who's taking the UBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

Who's taking the UBE?

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Are you studying for all the subjects or focusing on what's likely tested?

Tanicius

Gold

Re: Who's taking the UBE?

Post by Tanicius » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Where did these predictions come from?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Tanicius wrote:Where did these predictions come from?

source: http://whlawoffices.com/july-2014-mee-subjects/

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Interesting. That wouldn't be too bad of an essay schedule. Fuckers giving one last gasp of Article 3 before they discontinue it next year. Assholes.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 am

Tanicius wrote:Interesting. That wouldn't be too bad of an essay schedule. Fuckers giving one last gasp of Article 3 before they discontinue it next year. Assholes.

IKR! Like WTF is the point, let that ancient shit die already.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rirruto

New

Post by Rirruto » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:56 am

LAWYER2 wrote:
Tanicius wrote:Interesting. That wouldn't be too bad of an essay schedule. Fuckers giving one last gasp of Article 3 before they discontinue it next year. Assholes.

IKR! Like WTF is the point, let that ancient shit die already.
I wouldn't put much stock in this. This chart is for Arkansas which isn't a UBE state, and I think NCBE comes up with 9 questions and states pick 6 with the UBE states all selecting the same 6 (isn't that right? Maybe I'm wrong.)

In any event, he has commercial paper being tested in Feb 2013 and it wasn't based on the exam questions posted on the Arkansas Bar web site. So he's trying to pick up patterns based on the subjects when he doesn't always have the subject correct. I only checked that one because it didn't sound right. There might be other mistakes also. I think this was just a small law guy trying to drive traffic to his site. His analysis of the topic is probably pretty cursory.

I think there's about a 0% chance that the national bar examiners write a commercial paper question. The last one they had, at least in Arkansas, was last July and the question was basically "is this dude an HDC" and "what are the requirements for negotiability." So even if there is a question, it should hopefully be simple-ish.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Rirruto wrote:I think there's about a 0% chance that the national bar examiners write a commercial paper question. The last one they had, at least in Arkansas, was last July and the question was basically "is this dude an HDC" and "what are the requirements for negotiability." So even if there is a question, it should hopefully be simple-ish.
Hope you're right.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 am

I guess that chart was about 50% right, lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”