Kaplan Bar Review Discussion Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JenDarby

Diamond

Re: Kaplan Bar Review Discussion

Post by JenDarby » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 pm

JJDancer wrote:If you've been putting in the effort maybe see how you are studying. Instead of reading the endless book of outlines, maybe try to create a chart by hand of the main issues/considerations for important rules. and focus on getting smaller chunks down like ok for the next hour or two I will go over 804 unavailability exceptions and just get it DOWN. then go do like 20 evidence (hearsay only) questions on the online Q bank (of course these will have other non 804 exception Qs but still).
Definitely go over every question, answer choice (wrong and right) in the midterm (I haven't done this yet, it will probably be a BITCH so break it up like 30 Qs/day or whatever works for you.) if there are rule statements in the explanation that you just dont know write them out or copy paste into a doc. organized by the 6 subjects. and read them every night before bed or right when you wake up/b4 you start for the day - maybe just read them for one subject area. Should help get those down more solid.
Then in a week do a 66 Q MBE Q bank with all subjects or the ones you studied and see how the percentage is.
This is all very good advice. I think the MBE explanations are one of the most useful tools (and reading all of them unless you 100% know that question).

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 pm

How are you guys doing on CPQs? I tend to much worse than on MBE practice questions. They say they are supposed to be harder (the CPQs), but some of the scores I get scare me. Also, I tend to do a lot of thinking my way out of the right answer.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:24 am

Pokemon wrote:How are you guys doing on CPQs? I tend to much worse than on MBE practice questions. They say they are supposed to be harder (the CPQs), but some of the scores I get scare me. Also, I tend to do a lot of thinking my way out of the right answer.
I absolutely do worse than on MBE. I think it's supposed to frighten you into doing more MBE questions.

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:12 pm

My checkpoint scores are WAY better than my MBE scores. I have no idea what to make of this, other than my MBE scores suck.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm

sidhesadie wrote:My checkpoint scores are WAY better than my MBE scores. I have no idea what to make of this, other than my MBE scores suck.
Maybe it's an application issue - the answers on MBEs are more "distractors" and I find that my performance is affected by the length of the MBE (3 hours) - basically reading comp issues where I miss things carelessly. Perhaps switching between subjects is disconcerting to you since the quizzes are all one topic.. the answer is just more MBE practice and REVIEWING the explanations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 am

JJDancer wrote:
sidhesadie wrote:My checkpoint scores are WAY better than my MBE scores. I have no idea what to make of this, other than my MBE scores suck.
Maybe it's an application issue - the answers on MBEs are more "distractors" and I find that my performance is affected by the length of the MBE (3 hours) - basically reading comp issues where I miss things carelessly. Perhaps switching between subjects is disconcerting to you since the quizzes are all one topic.. the answer is just more MBE practice and REVIEWING the explanations.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the topic switching perhaps being more disconcerting than I realize. It would certainly explain some of the discrepancy. Yeah, I've decided I just need to do 100/day and quit whining about it.

barprepbiddy

New

Post by barprepbiddy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:42 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Pokemon wrote:How are you guys doing on CPQs? I tend to much worse than on MBE practice questions. They say they are supposed to be harder (the CPQs), but some of the scores I get scare me. Also, I tend to do a lot of thinking my way out of the right answer.
I absolutely do worse than on MBE. I think it's supposed to frighten you into doing more MBE questions.
Same. My CPQ scores are pretty pathetic.

Is anyone else doing adaptibar too? I feel like its kind of crazy to spend the extra money when Kaplan gives us so many MBE questions, but I'm not making the progress I need to make (even with doing 60+ questions per day)and I thought it might help to mix up the questions. Thoughts?

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:05 am

barprepbiddy wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Same. My CPQ scores are pretty pathetic.

Is anyone else doing adaptibar too? I feel like its kind of crazy to spend the extra money when Kaplan gives us so many MBE questions, but I'm not making the progress I need to make (even with doing 60+ questions per day)and I thought it might help to mix up the questions. Thoughts?
I think forget the money aspect (it's nothing compared to LS debt) and if you think it will help than buy it. That being said, I have way too many MBE questions left already. I did buy leansheets though.

Here's a more active Kaplan thread:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... &start=425

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”