Barbri Mini Review-ARE THEY KIDDING ME?? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lwf911

New

Re: Barbri Mini Review-ARE THEY KIDDING ME??

Post by lwf911 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:04 pm

So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.

At the Drive-In

New

Post by At the Drive-In » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:04 am

lwf911 wrote:So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.
I think it'll be a time suck, but so are the workshop analyses and the lectures. I think by this point you know what works for you, and I can't fathom spending another 100.

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 am

lwf911 wrote:So is the general consensus people are not doing this mini review? I can't tell if it'll just be a time suck of 8 hours that I could spend more productively or if it might actually be helpful.
Are the lectures themselves ever helpful? There are better bar related resources that you can get for $100...i'm still bitter that we don't get unlimited grading unlike kaplan. Unbelievable-i even desperately tried to look for some add on service through barbri to see if they sold an essay grading package-they are shameless and greedy enough.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

lmr wrote:
Are the lectures themselves ever helpful? There are better bar related resources that you can get for $100...i'm still bitter that we don't get unlimited grading unlike kaplan. Unbelievable-i even desperately tried to look for some add on service through barbri to see if they sold an essay grading package-they are shameless and greedy enough.
That sounds like a great business opportunity. Who wants to join me? (general partnership, of course).

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:41 am

ph14 wrote:
lmr wrote:
That sounds like a great business opportunity. Who wants to join me? (general partnership, of course).
They exist, they are just disgustingly expensive...baressays charges $99 for two essays. Who do they think they are? I don't see how barbri keeps this up unless kaplan just gives in and limits the essay grading. There's some website called ca bar tutors that offers to grade 5 essays for $84 or $18/essay but i don't know if they are legit. dumb move on my part to pick barbri, just dumb.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

At the Drive-In

New

Post by At the Drive-In » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:42 pm

If it makes you feel any worse about barbri, I only get 3 graded essays for my state, and I paraphrased their answer from the back of the Essay book for 2/3 so far and got a "barely failing" grade for both. Totally worthless.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”