Upcoming MPRE--when to start studying? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
patogordo

Gold

Re: Upcoming MPRE--when to start studying?

Post by patogordo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 pm

i thought it was pretty easy. i think you all failed tbh

OhScalia

New

Post by OhScalia » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 pm

This exam was as hard as, if not harder, than the Barbri one. But I think most people wil pass, including me

bouakedojo

Bronze

Post by bouakedojo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I thought a few questions were hard, but overall, I thought it wasn't too bad. I feel pretty good about passing.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Jumping on the "Pretty sure I failed back there" train. Questions were about as hard as the BarBri/Themis practice Q's.

I really hate this test. For a minimum competency test, they sure do a lot to create trick questions. If this is how the UBE on the bar exam is, I'm fucked.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:49 pm

I didn't think it was any harder than the BarBri prep questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm pretty sure I passed, though I agree there were a few that were very tricky.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 pm

I took it last spring. Almost everyone I know (myself included) walked out thinking they'd failed: apparently, that's the norm. Hang in there guys - and congrats on getting it done!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:29 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I took it last spring. Almost everyone I know (myself included) walked out thinking they'd failed: apparently, that's the norm. Hang in there guys - and congrats on getting it done!

This. Oh, need to add: celebrate with a drink, or a favorite dessert/ movie/ fun activity tonight.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Yep. Fucked it. There's always august I guess. Also were anyone else's proctors complete nazis? They were more hardcore than when I took the LSAT. And going to walgreens at 1am to get a passport photo wasn't super fun either.

TLDR: fuck this exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:48 pm

I didn't think it was that bad but thought there were a few questions that were ridiculous

Big J

New

Post by Big J » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Unreal. Maybe 20 questions today were fair, just like practice questions. Another 25 or so had two possibilities. The rest were just plain unfair. Why bother giving it if in states like mine more people fail it than the real bar? Some questions were not even on any outlines (e.g., the one with two possible answers you wouldn't know unless you just took con law). See you in August.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Big J wrote:Unreal. Maybe 20 questions today were fair, just like practice questions. Another 25 or so had two possibilities. The rest were just plain unfair. Why bother giving it if in states like mine more people fail it than the real bar? Some questions were not even on any outlines (e.g., the one with two possible answers you wouldn't know unless you just took con law). See you in August.
haha, I think I know which you're referring to and I think one of the audio lectures I listened to just happened to mention it, but I hadn't seen it on any outline either.

plugkev

New

Post by plugkev » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:06 pm

P & I? The MPRE was a lot harder than I expected.

I am really hoping to fall into the group that think they failed but passed.
Last edited by plugkev on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lilly76

New

Post by Lilly76 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Well, it appears I got that question wrong. I can't recall it being discussed in the Themis videos. I over studied by most people's standards because I wanted to ensure that I passed it comfortably. I was consistently getting 70% or higher on practice exams and I only needed to get about 56% right to pass in my state. Baed on those numbers I felt good going into the exam, but I feel like I certainly could have failed it.
Last edited by Lilly76 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:38 pm

P&I was on the lecture and on the barbri outlines. that was actually a gimme question...

Lilly76

New

Post by Lilly76 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Perhaps I should've used barbri...

ZyzzBrah

Bronze

Post by ZyzzBrah » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 pm

This is completely unrelated to the question everyone is referring to, but is it just me or did the MPRE (and barbri) always use feminine pronouns to refer to the att'y or judge in the question?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:31 pm

ZyzzBrah wrote:This is completely unrelated to the question everyone is referring to, but is it just me or did the MPRE (and barbri) always use feminine pronouns to refer to the att'y or judge in the question?
I completely noticed that-i'd be reading questions expecting a male pronoun and have to do a double take to make sure i'm seeing who the 'her' is. I thought it was kind of nice for a change.

jt262

New

Post by jt262 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:35 pm

I didn't think it was much harder than the BarBri practice tests. I was able to narrow down almost every question to 2 choices.

I started studying on Friday morning (watched BarBri Lecture and did the 3 practice exams). I missed 20 questions on the first practice test and felt terrible. Then I realized that I still would have passed in my jurisdiction.

It's not that the test is easy, it's just that the expectations are ridiculously low.

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Do they just email us our results?

bld2414

New

Post by bld2414 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:47 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:Do they just email us our results?
I think we will get an email informing us that our results have been posted to our NCBE account. Any thoughts on the release date? Maybe this week?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

bld2414 wrote:
I think we will get an email informing us that our results have been posted to our NCBE account. Any thoughts on the release date? Maybe this week?

March 2014 MPRE scores will be posted to NCBE accounts at 10:00 a.m. central time, April 29, 2014.

http://www.ncbex.org/about-ncbe-exams/m ... -services/

OfThriceandTen

Bronze

Post by OfThriceandTen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:40 am

SemperLegal wrote:
bld2414 wrote:

March 2014 MPRE scores will be posted to NCBE accounts at 10:00 a.m. central time, April 29, 2014.

after 4+ weeks of not thinking about it, i woke up this morning, googled "mpre score release" and found this. weird coincidence.

so now i'm anxiously refreshing for the next 20 minutes. is it just going to show up on the homepage after you sign in? The "Account Home" tab?

ixwad

New

Post by ixwad » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:44 am

Scores went up a couple hours early (for me at least). Passed with a 94...time to start worrying about something else now.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:45 am

OfThriceandTen wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:
bld2414 wrote:

after 4+ weeks of not thinking about it, i woke up this morning, googled "mpre score release" and found this. weird coincidence.

so now i'm anxiously refreshing for the next 20 minutes. is it just going to show up on the homepage after you sign in? The "Account Home" tab?

File cabinet tab

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”