1L at Louisville taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
hatteras1

New

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Post by hatteras1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am

I was admitted last week and am excited to attend the ASD. Anyone else attending?

And, Asylum, I know you didn't ask me but I figured another answer wouldn't hurt, I submitted my application in early January (5th or 6th maybe) got a complete/received e-mail on the 11th and was accepted via snail mail on 2/16. Hope that helps!

crallen

New

Post by crallen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

deadpanic wrote:Talked with admissions yesterday and they confirmed that if you are out of state you will have to pay that for all 3 years. Pretty bad news for us out of staters.
Hey Deadpan, this seems like a pretty dumb question and I assume I know the answer, but it is worth asking. I am from Kentucky and have lived there all my life until my undergrad. I am currently still in undergrad in South Carolina but all of my "official residence" is still at my parents in Kentucky. I am still "in state" even though I haven't technically lived in state these past few years, correct?

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 pm

as long as your permanent address is still in ky, then you should be considered in-state.

Volnatic

New

Post by Volnatic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I submitted about the same time he did, the 4th or 5th.

bizjunkie4

New

Post by bizjunkie4 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am

AsylumPB wrote:as long as your permanent address is still in ky, then you should be considered in-state.
Remember this thread in Civil Procedure next year. Great discussion of what constitutes domicile for personal jurisdiction! Factors that may come into play: where you vote, where you hold a driver's license, where and if you paid income taxes, etc. In general, I think permanent residence can stay in home state, but it may depend on the facts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crallen

New

Post by crallen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Lucky for me, Kentucky is the answer to each of those questions!

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 pm

OP, do you know if UofL negotiates scholly money?

doubled99

New

Post by doubled99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm

In at Louisville today, but no scholly info in the acceptance package. Kind of a hefty price tag for a 3 year out-of-stater.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Did anyone attend the admitted students day this past weekend? If so, what were your overall impressions?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Volnatic

New

Post by Volnatic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I attended it. It was quite interesting, and the faculty was really engaging. I also found out that I receive in-state tuition since my dad still lives in KY. That was a big financial burden lifted off my shoulders.

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

Volnatic wrote:I attended it. It was quite interesting, and the faculty was really engaging. I also found out that I receive in-state tuition since my dad still lives in KY. That was a big financial burden lifted off my shoulders.
I was there too! I found the faculty to be very engaging too, and the students to be very normal and open about their experiences. I was very impressed. Volnatic, have you made your decision?

Volnatic

New

Post by Volnatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 am

I'm pretty sure that I'll be there in the fall, barring an acceptance off the wait list from the University of Tennessee.

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 am

Is anyone else going to the next ASD?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:14 am

AsylumPB wrote:Is anyone else going to the next ASD?
I plan on attending.

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

see you there dead

Volnatic

New

Post by Volnatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Hatteras,
I was the guy that was pushing his mother around in the wheelchair...running her into walls and tables. It was my first rodeo with the wheelchair haha.

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Volnatic wrote:Hatteras,
I was the guy that was pushing his mother around in the wheelchair...running her into walls and tables. It was my first rodeo with the wheelchair haha.
Haha, I remember you! I talked with you all during the last session, I was waiting out in the hallway with you guys after that not-so-great "Living in Louisville" chat! Haha, don't be so hard on yourself, you navigated the wheelchair better than you thought!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm

lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?
Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?
I did, please tell me more

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

lawchampion wrote:
hatteras1 wrote:
I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawchampion

Bronze

Post by lawchampion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:
hatteras1 wrote:
I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted!
Thanks a lot for optimistic approach. Though I am able to use the ULink, I am unable to access my Groupwise email account. The application status check on ULink is only for financial aid documents, nothing about admission. I am tend to think they grant ULink access to just every prospective student so that they can check their financial aid documents.

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

You wouldn't happen to know either Greg Mayes or Leah Hart would you bizjunk??

Volnatic

New

Post by Volnatic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
Volnatic wrote:Hatteras,
Haha, I remember you! I talked with you all during the last session, I was waiting out in the hallway with you guys after that not-so-great "Living in Louisville" chat! Haha, don't be so hard on yourself, you navigated the wheelchair better than you thought!!
At least I didn't throw her out of that thing haha. Hm, I'm trying to think of who I talked to after that "oh so informative" session.

JustBelieve

New

Post by JustBelieve » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?[/quote]

I did, please tell me more[/quote]

I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted![/quote]

Thanks a lot for optimistic approach. Though I am able to use the ULink, I am unable to access my Groupwise email account. The application status check on ULink is only for financial aid documents, nothing about admission. I am tend to think they grant ULink access to just every prospective student so that they can check their financial aid documents.[/quote]

Same here. No access to my email address/client.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”