Illinois Law 1L Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
tmon

Silver

Re: Illinois Law 1L Taking Questions

Post by tmon » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks. No idea on journals until late July I guess, but I'm obviously hoping for good news there.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 pm

tmon wrote:Thanks. No idea on journals until late July I guess, but I'm obviously hoping for good news there.

Oh, of course of course. I should have realized journal stuff hadn't been decided yet.

Once interviews come out, you might want to consider mass mailing firms who didn't select you. Opinions are split on whether its worth it, but I think it certainly can't hurt!

What are you doing this summer?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm

blurbz wrote:
tmon wrote:Thanks. No idea on journals until late July I guess, but I'm obviously hoping for good news there.

Oh, of course of course. I should have realized journal stuff hadn't been decided yet.

Once interviews come out, you might want to consider mass mailing firms who didn't select you. Opinions are split on whether its worth it, but I think it certainly can't hurt!

What are you doing this summer?
Judicial externship at a federal courthouse. Really enjoying it actually, and I'm feeling like it's going to fit in really well with how I market myself as a strong writer, along with hopefully a journal membership. Of course the judicial internship thing isn't especially rare, but it seems like a good experience at least.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”