Cornell 1L taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Arbiter213

Gold

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:36 pm

FlanAl wrote:I love jack's but its not exactly what I think of when I think quality burger (gotta be 1/2lb haha). Where's phoenix? I'm kinda bummed that when I search for burgers in Ithaca five guys is the first thing that pops up haha

edited since I wrote this post thinking about hamburgers I down played jacks. Jacks is rad and I'm definitely happy it is there. Kaboom sauce for sure!
Chinese place. I might be misremembering it.

And I don't know what you're talking about with Jacks not being a high end burger. It's not fancy, but it's definitely one of the better burgers I've ever had, including this place:
http://edzos.com/

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:45 pm

I'll have to give jacks another shot in the burger department but I remember being way more impressed with the curly fries haha.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:49 pm

FlanAl wrote:I'll have to give jacks another shot in the burger department but I remember being way more impressed with the curly fries haha.
Try the one with the egg on it.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Ithaca feels like La Jolla all over again, I'll give you that. Something that's been bother me since I got here, I can't seem to find a decent whole milk brand. Wegman's is shit, so is Tops', Upstate Farms is alright but i swear every other brand in SoCal was better than any of those just mentioned.

Oh, and Jack's really is nothing special, not bad, but not special. Ithaca should at least have a Fuddruckers.
Last edited by Ikki on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:54 pm

edited for losing my own anonymity haha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 pm

I'll give you the courtesy edit

No, but I went to UG there. There really wasn't that much variety, the high-end restaurants were out of my budget, I did enjoy the 10% off sushi Wednesday's at Shogun though.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:01 pm

haha at least there are some bars within walking distance here I think rock bottom would be the closest for you up there?

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:06 pm

FlanAl wrote:haha at least there are some bars within walking distance here I think rock bottom would be the closest for you up there?
Pretty much, no surprise it's the Socially Dead UC.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:09 pm

if you ever made it down to rocky's you know what i'm looking for in a good burger. i don't think i will find it here though haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:14 pm

FlanAl wrote:if you ever made it down to rocky's you know what i'm looking for in a good burger. i don't think i will find it here though haha
Ah man, that place was great, I still think the 1lb. Fuddruckers burger takes the crown though.

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Ikki wrote:Something that's been bother me since I got here, I can't seem to find a decent whole milk brand. Wegman's is shit, so is Tops', Upstate Farms is alright but i swear every other brand in SoCal was better than any of those just mentioned.
Byrne Dairy on N. Meadow. Their whole milk in glass bottles just won a 100% rating by some Cornell Ag School/NY state group. Also, Garden Gate ( --LinkRemoved--) sells cream-top whole milk that some of my friends rave about.

ETA: For good burgers, look for places that carry Autumn Harvest pasture-raised beef, such as NorthStar House on E. Falls and the Bandwagon Brewpub down on N. Cayuga.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:50 pm

mbw wrote:
Ikki wrote:Something that's been bother me since I got here, I can't seem to find a decent whole milk brand. Wegman's is shit, so is Tops', Upstate Farms is alright but i swear every other brand in SoCal was better than any of those just mentioned.
Byrne Dairy on N. Meadow. Their whole milk in glass bottles just won a 100% rating by some Cornell Ag School/NY state group. Also, Garden Gate ( --LinkRemoved--) sells cream-top whole milk that some of my friends rave about.

ETA: For good burgers, look for places that carry Autumn Harvest pasture-raised beef, such as NorthStar House on E. Falls and the Bandwagon Brewpub down on N. Cayuga.
Nice, I'll definitely check both places out.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 pm

thanks for the tips!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Snowing before halloween... wtf is this shit.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 am

Arbiter213 wrote:Snowing before halloween... wtf is this shit.
The North. Welcome, it only gets worse.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:Snowing before halloween... wtf is this shit.
The North. Welcome, it only gets worse.
I'm from the Northeast. This is just ridiculous.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 pm

at least today was pretty nice. will the weather keep bouncing around like this or is just going to be bad all the time from now on?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm

FlanAl wrote:at least today was pretty nice. will the weather keep bouncing around like this or is just going to be bad all the time from now on?
I know you touched on this before, but has the competition cooled down at all? That is, are people socializing more than they were the first few weeks?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 pm

minnbills wrote:
FlanAl wrote:at least today was pretty nice. will the weather keep bouncing around like this or is just going to be bad all the time from now on?
I know you touched on this before, but has the competition cooled down at all? That is, are people socializing more than they were the first few weeks?
Define socializing. I spend time with friends while we outline together. Does that count?

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
Define socializing. I spend time with friends while we outline together. Does that count?
Yes, that counts. But what about non-academic contexts?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:23 pm

minnbills wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
Yes, that counts. But what about non-academic contexts?
Non-academic contexts?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Non-academic contexts?
Going out to bars, just hanging out, etc. I mean, do people socialize in situations that don't involve some sort of academic work?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 pm

minnbills wrote:
Going out to bars, just hanging out, etc. I mean, do people socialize in situations that don't involve some sort of academic work?

Bars? Hanging out?

Fo real tho, there's stuff going on all of the time. You're guaranteed to find a few wasted 1Ls on any given evening.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

PinkCow wrote:
minnbills wrote:

Bars? Hanging out?

Fo real tho, there's stuff going on all of the time. You're guaranteed to find a few wasted 1Ls on any given eveningtorts class.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:00 pm

PinkCow wrote:
minnbills wrote:

Bars? Hanging out?

Fo real tho, there's stuff going on all of the time. You're guaranteed to find a few wasted 1Ls on any given evening.
I'm sorry, but that's just not true. The 1Ls are beyond lame this year. Our year went out and mixed in with the school so much more. I know like 5 1Ls and last year by this time I knew almost all the 2 and 3Ls.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”