Cornell 1L taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
redsox550

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Post by redsox550 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 am

no coldcalling... i thought basically any sentence from the book is fair game for the exam.... what should i focus on?

Volforlife

Bronze

Post by Volforlife » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Is tuition paid in whole in August? Can I make payment in increments?

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Volforlife wrote:Is tuition paid in whole in August? Can I make payment in increments?
You have to pay your tuition per semester at the beginning of each semester in full

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:49 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Volforlife wrote:Is tuition paid in whole in August? Can I make payment in increments?
You have to pay your tuition per semester at the beginning of each semester in full
Is this true? I thought there was an installment plan? Not that it matters if you're paying with loans.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
Is this true? I thought there was an installment plan? Not that it matters if you're paying with loans.
This was just my experience.. you take out the loan and must pay semester tuition in full. The loan does not accrue actually if you pay the principal back within 120 days. You can make installments towards the loan over the semester without incurring interest

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
I'm fairly certain that there is an installment plan. However, I think it may come with a surcharge.

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 am

is it credited that the majority of clermonts multiple choice are in his black letter outline? thanks for all the help

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:11 pm

redsox550 wrote:is it credited that the majority of clermonts multiple choice are in his black letter outline? thanks for all the help
Lol no. Most of them were arcane/random topics from the neigh impenetrable casebook.

HBBJohnStamos

Bronze

Post by HBBJohnStamos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
redsox550 wrote:is it credited that the majority of clermonts multiple choice are in his black letter outline? thanks for all the help
Lol no. Most of them were arcane/random topics from the neigh impenetrable casebook.
This, and tangential lecture topics (crim pro defuq?)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 am

crap, thought the class was actually doable after i heard someone mention that all the MC come from the black letter. guess im back to the drawing board for figuring out how to study for the class. right now im stuck doing 2 hour readings in order not to miss minutia... but even thats not working out so well

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

redsox550 wrote:crap, thought the class was actually doable after i heard someone mention that all the MC come from the black letter. guess im back to the drawing board for figuring out how to study for the class. right now im stuck doing 2 hour readings in order not to miss minutia... but even thats not working out so well
MANY of the MC comes from the numbered questions in the casebook. His class is extremely manageable.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
redsox550 wrote:crap, thought the class was actually doable after i heard someone mention that all the MC come from the black letter. guess im back to the drawing board for figuring out how to study for the class. right now im stuck doing 2 hour readings in order not to miss minutia... but even thats not working out so well
MANY of the MC comes from the numbered questions in the casebook. His class is extremely manageable.
THe ones we do or do not go over in class?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
THe ones we do or do not go over in class?
All are fair game.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hnin26

New

Post by Hnin26 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:44 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering about Cornell's admissions review process for int'l students.
I know that my scores are way below the average (LSAT 158/GPA 3.53 [US B.A.]/GRE 316)....but would they the other factors in the application weigh heavier for int'l students? I'm from Myanmar/Burma, btw.
Also, how can I get in touch with someone specific from admissions - admissions director, dean, etc.

Many thanks!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Hnin26 wrote:Hi guys,

I know that my scores are way below the average (LSAT 158/GPA 3.53 [US B.A.]/GRE 316)....but would they the other factors in the application weigh heavier for int'l students? I'm from Myanmar/Burma, btw.
Also, how can I get in touch with someone specific from admissions - admissions director, dean, etc.

Many thanks!
Go to Cornell Law School's website. This information should be there as far as contacting admissions.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Hnin26 wrote:Hi guys,

Many thanks!
The international students I know tend to have credentials (or at least an LSAT) that match domestic students. YMMV, however, and I would reach out to someone in admissions.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:32 pm

What's a typical schedule for someone who is extremely social and likes to go out and/or participate in a lot of activities?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 am

MTH2 wrote:What's a typical schedule for someone who is extremely social and likes to go out and/or participate in a lot of activities?
Whatever you want it to be.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:42 am

MTH2 wrote:What's a typical schedule for someone who is extremely social and likes to go out and/or participate in a lot of activities?
I'd say I'm closer to being one of the more social people in my class. I went out probably every friday and saturday first semester until fall break, then maybe one a week for a few weekends the cut it completely. This semester I've gone out three times a week until spring break and now plan on cutting to one time a week then no times a week shortly. Just depends how you choose to spend your time. I like to spend it studying, gym, then drinking. Some like to spend it studying, watching netflix, and drinking a glass of wine reading a book. The constant is that everyone studies. You can be as social as you want to be it won't affect your grades if you can manage your time. I'm assuming your post was referring to going out/ drinking.

Franciscus

New

Post by Franciscus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

What is the PI environment like at Cornell? Are there many opportunities/jobs for this kind of work?

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Franciscus wrote:What is the PI environment like at Cornell? Are there many opportunities/jobs for this kind of work?
No. It's very biglaw centered.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Franciscus wrote:What is the PI environment like at Cornell? Are there many opportunities/jobs for this kind of work?
there are plenty of opportunities for this kind of work. We're one of very few schools that lets you do a whole semester externship wherever you want. The death penalty clinic is supposed to be really good and the pilipp is solid. The culture? its very biglaw oriented.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 am

FlanAl wrote:
there are plenty of opportunities for this kind of work. We're one of very few schools that lets you do a whole semester externship wherever you want. The death penalty clinic is supposed to be really good and the pilipp is solid. The culture? its very biglaw oriented.
I wanted to contact a prof about different PI programs/clinics. Do you have any recommendations as to whom I should speak?

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 pm

JXander wrote:
FlanAl wrote:
I wanted to contact a prof about different PI programs/clinics. Do you have any recommendations as to whom I should speak?
Karen Comstock or Elizabeth Peck

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:04 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
JXander wrote:
FlanAl wrote:
Karen Comstock or Elizabeth Peck
They're just the PI career services people but would probably offer a good amount of insight.

For professors you could also probably contact Glenn Galbreath, he runs the externships and I think a chunk of the clinics. Also possibly John Blume or Prof. Johnson may be helpful.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”