What is it like to do an online part-time JD? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
fruchtbar

New

What is it like to do an online part-time JD?

Post by fruchtbar » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:48 am

I am currently doing an MA in Germany, but considering doing a part-time JD after graduation, preferably online. Does anyone have any school suggestion or experiences? Thanks a lot!

nealric

Re: What is it like to do an online part-time JD?

Post by nealric » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:04 pm

fruchtbar wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:48 am
I am currently doing an MA in Germany, but considering doing a part-time JD after graduation, preferably online. Does anyone have any school suggestion or experiences? Thanks a lot!
There are several reputable part time programs in the U.S., but no reputable programs that can be done entirely online. Are you a German looking to work in the U.S. or an American studying in Germany? That can impact recommendations.

fruchtbar

New

Post by fruchtbar » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:51 am

I did my undergraduate in the US and was thinking about going back to the US after MA. It does not have to be completely online though. What part time programs would you recommend?

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:00 am

The best part time programs are Georgetown and Fordham. Beyond that, it's really going to depend on where you want to work and where you have ties.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”