Masters Student in Medical School looking to shadow an Attorney Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
jc100

New

Masters Student in Medical School looking to shadow an Attorney

Post by jc100 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi,

Im a current Masters student at a Medical School who has always found the legal & policy side of medicine to be more fascinating to me. Im currently on track to start my MD in the following year but law school has been on my mind for several years.

I was wondering if any current public interest attorney wouldn't mind if I could shadow them for a day through zoom and ask some information interview questions, as I don't have any attorney connections in my family that I can reach out to. I have been researching for weeks what lawyers do on a daily basis but I don't have any first-hand experience with them that would solidify my decision.

Id be very grateful for the help!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Masters Student in Medical School looking to shadow an Attorney

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:54 am

I think you'd be better off reaching out to an attorney that graduated from your school(s). Try reaching out to the resource office or alumni office at your school (or career office, not sure what they'll call it). We don't know where you are/what PI work you're interested in, and most of us don't have the online setup to host someone virtually for a day. I'm sure there on many on these forums that would be happy to describe their day-to-day with you and walk you through some stuff though. I actually think similar threads are in the employment section here. Best of luck!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”