Will transferring to a CCN (possibly) insulate me from a future recession? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
TheReasonablePerson

New

Will transferring to a CCN (possibly) insulate me from a future recession?

Post by TheReasonablePerson » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello all,

I was recently reading a thread here about the effects of a recession on non-T14 schools and Big Law placement. I am currently planning on transferring to a CCN from a T40 school, and have already been accepted.

Assuming a recession happens in the direct, near future (this coming OCI), or at least the fear of one impacts OCI, will being part of CCN help insulate me from the effects it would have on my T40 school? For obvious reasons, transferring without receiving a big law salary would be quite unfortunate.

Thank you!

zg43

New

Re: Will transferring to a CCN (possibly) insulate me from a future recession?

Post by zg43 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm

It will insulate you as best as anywhere possibly can, I'd say. Nothing is ever a guarantee, especially in times of uncertainty like this, but if any schools are gonna still perform, it's those (even more so than lower T14s)

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: Will transferring to a CCN (possibly) insulate me from a future recession?

Post by BrainsyK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Lol, even native CLS/NYUers aren't insulated from what's coming. Maybe Yale/Stanford/Chicago students will suffer a negligible blow due to mostly due to size and less due to eliteness, but other schools will take a hit. It might just be getting a lesser job for the same value offered in terms of school/grades, which mattered a lot less before firms started cutting salaries, but now...?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”