University of Arkansas-Fayetteville Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
popspops

New

University of Arkansas-Fayetteville

Post by popspops » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 am

Rising 2L willing to help prospective students- if you have questions or concerns, I will do my best to answer them. I will monitor the thread daily through the end of June, possibly longer. I am not employed by UA, I am not a representative asked to do this by UA. I am just a student who went through this last year and happen to be opinionated enough to be honest about my experience.

If there is something outside my realm of knowledge, I am willing to find out the answer for you if you would like. I am taking summer classes and happen to be at the school daily anyhow. I definitely don't mind knocking on a door or asking a question for you...

I am non-traditional, minority, from out of state, and did not get the tour before showing up to attend orientation week. Heck, the morning of orientation I could not park on campus yet! I think it was September before I found out the Union had food. ha ha!

Let me know if I can help out. UA is a wonderful school, but not imposing on new students.. so if you don't like to ask questions, you probably won't find many answers!

Ronan

Gold

Re: University of Arkansas-Fayetteville

Post by Ronan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am

Why did an out of state, minority student who did not tour the school attend UA?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 am

Why will a third of your classmates not be working as lawyers after graduation? Given how many people pay full price (over half the class), how are graduates paying off their six figures of debt? And how can you justify paying out-of-state tuition for UA-Fayetteville?

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:14 am

What other options did you turn down to accept admission at UAF?

How large will your debt be upon graduation?

How much do you anticipate paying monthly to finance that debt total?

How much do you anticipate to make upon graduation?

When you subtract your monthly debt obligations from your anticipated salary, do you anticipate requiring food assistance or any other federal or state monetary aid to make ends meet?

How many of your classmates do you believe will be unemployed upon graduation?

How many of your classmates do you believe will be underemployed upon graduation?

Are you happy with these numbers or do you and your classmates possess a sense of existential dread given your situation?

ETA: have you "ding dong ditched" this thread?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 am

What are some of the good bars in Fayetteville?
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ronan

Gold

Post by Ronan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 am

How do you think the Razorbacks will fare in the NCAA tournament and in the fall?

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Ronan wrote:How do you think the Razorbacks will fare in the NCAA tournament and in the fall?
Hogs beat Seton Hall, home of Dick Vitale, riding the wave of anti-Vitale sentiment that arose during the SEC Championship. Play UNC close in the first half of the next game, then UNC pulls away. Bielema takes the Hogs to the natty in the Fall.

Anyway, back to law school talk.

EnriqueIglesias

New

Post by EnriqueIglesias » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Many students are working beside their education as they have to collect their tuition fee.This SPAM is needed for the improvement this sharing sesson.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm really disappointed that this topic was only bumped for spam. I was hoping the OP actually intended to answer questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Do you know who stole my credit card number? They went out to dinner with it but were declined so lol on those assholes.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I'm really disappointed that this topic was only bumped for spam. I was hoping the OP actually intended to answer questions.
tbf, I don't think any of us need to be too upset about the best school in the state (over 60% lst employment, 1 of 2 law schools) charging resident tuition of <$16,000/yr. If you are from out of state and choose to go 150k+ into debt here, that's on you.

If you are from Arkansas, want to live in Arkansas for most of your life, and are happy making $45k/yr working at a small shop or in local government, I don't think there's a problem paying sticker here, is there?

HillandHollow

Bronze

Post by HillandHollow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Ronan wrote:Why did an out of state, minority student who did not tour the school attend UA?

Bump because I actually am curious about the answer to this (no flame). I am working at a UA-similar school, and there are a (small) number of (very) specific reasons that this makes sense for some people. Tbf though, that there were *any* reasons was a surprise to my snobby self. I would be curious to hear, if you're willing to share.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:18 pm

guybourdin wrote:If you are from Arkansas, want to live in Arkansas for most of your life, and are happy making $45k/yr working at a small shop or in local government, I don't think there's a problem paying sticker here, is there?
Of course not. The OP is out-of-state, which is why most of the questions were centered on that decision.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:If you are from Arkansas, want to live in Arkansas for most of your life, and are happy making $45k/yr working at a small shop or in local government, I don't think there's a problem paying sticker here, is there?
Of course not. The OP is out-of-state, which is why most of the questions were centered on that decision.
OP sounds a bit clueless. Some of the questions seemed to be negative about the school in general, which is where my question came from.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”