Question for those that have taken California Bar Exam Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Question for those that have taken California Bar Exam

Post by BigLawSmallConfdence » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 am

Does anyone have any suggestions about which test center is better to take the Bar exam in Los Angeles? Also can you choose which seat you will sit in when you sign up? Is it better to sit on the end of a row? Thank you so much for any guidance.

k5220

Bronze

Re: Question for those that have taken California Bar Exam

Post by k5220 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 am

You do not choose your seat; it is assigned for you.

I took the test in Ontario and it was an okay set up. I did that because the hotels were cheaper there, and I really appreciated being able to stay in a hotel and just walk two minutes to the test center in the morning -- took a lot of extra travel time and stress out of the equation.

BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Post by BigLawSmallConfdence » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:35 am

Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate the input.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:01 pm

I took LA convention center and it was a shitshow. Pasadena and Ontario are probably preferable

BigLawSmallConfdence

New

Post by BigLawSmallConfdence » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 pm

jbagelboy wrote:I took LA convention center and it was a shitshow. Pasadena and Ontario are probably preferable
Thank you for the heads up! I will make sure not to sign up for LA convention center now that I know its a shitshow.. I live in Westwood so I think I will just sign up for Pasadena I guess. Does anyone know if the tables are the same for all the locations?

Was your location like a lecture all with long rows of tables or did you have individual small desks? Did they space it out where you didn't have people sitting directly next to you and you could space your papers out? Or was it cramped?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”