Is law school worth it Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Is law school worth it

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Yeah, no. The relationship is good, or it isn't.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm

cooleygrad wrote:
HxAxDxExS wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I went to law school married. I'm a lawyer now, still married. Law school isn't going to fuck up a strong relationship. If law school breaks you up, you weren't going to last anyway.
Exactly, I, as well am married. For three years now. If anything your spouse should encourage it for you, if you guys are at the honest phase of your relationship (Not all people are meant to get married). I feel it is an advantage being married in law school, undergraduate as well (just my opinion)
Factor in age too. If you are 22, and she is 18 and thinks motels and noodle dinners are cool then you are probably just as likely to survive as anyone else crazy enough to marry an 18 year old.

If she is 30 and wants to wash her clothes everyday......maybe not.
I hope all you young'uns are soaking in the wisdom. So many of us fly into adulthood blind, failing to appreciate the stark realities of gender norms and relationships. When I was in my early 20s, I wish I had the guidance of cooleygrad's mature and sophisticated insights.

cooleygrad

New

Post by cooleygrad » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:50 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Yeah, no. The relationship is good, or it isn't.
You try to play jenga with a single piece don't you?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 pm

You got me good, cooleygrad.

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:24 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I went to law school married. I'm a lawyer now, still married. Law school isn't going to fuck up a strong relationship. If law school breaks you up, you weren't going to last anyway.
+1. Exactly right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”