Computer Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
#NotACop

Bronze

Computer Law

Post by #NotACop » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

This may be a stupid question, but I was looking at a few attorney profiles from one of the bigger law firms in my area. One of the attorneys specializes in e-discovery, cyber law, information management, ect. As an undergrad I did a lot of work with computer forensics so I love that kind of stuff. However, I haven't really seen it in too many other places. My question is, what do these areas of law actual consist of? And, is it a viable field to get into?

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Computer Law

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Was the position for substantive legal practice in those areas or litigation support/management? Specializing on legal issues about those areas and specializing in those areas are different things.

eriedoctrine

Bronze

Post by eriedoctrine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:16 am

T14. Preferably Stanford or Berkeley.

#NotACop

Bronze

Post by #NotACop » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:01 am

r6_philly wrote:Was the position for substantive legal practice in those areas or litigation support/management? Specializing on legal issues about those areas and specializing in those areas are different things.
The lawyer is the head of the e-discovery litigation team, so I assume the former.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”