NY Bar Affidavit of Law Related Employment Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
etlien

Bronze

NY Bar Affidavit of Law Related Employment

Post by etlien » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 am

Does anyone have experience with applying for admissions without an affidavit from one of their previous legal internships?

I interned in Asia at a local firm 1L and they were unresponsive when my 2L summer firm's outsourced background check provider contacted them to verify my employment. I feel like they are not going to be very responsive when I try to get an affidavit from them, especially when it needs to notarized.

Is it possible to go ahead without one if I have a record of repeated unanswered requests?

MBZags

Silver

Re: NY Bar Affidavit of Law Related Employment

Post by MBZags » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes, you're supposed to submit an affidavit saying that you attempted to contact them and received no response, attaching evidence of your attempts at contact.

etlien

Bronze

Post by etlien » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:13 am

MBZags wrote:Yes, you're supposed to submit an affidavit saying that you attempted to contact them and received no response, attaching evidence of your attempts at contact.
Thanks. Is there a affidavit form for that online somewhere? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Sorry for the delay. No, just write something that sounds official and get it notarized.

etlien

Bronze

Post by etlien » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:16 am

MBZags wrote:Sorry for the delay. No, just write something that sounds official and get it notarized.
Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”