Fordham Housing Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
weebleswobble

New

Re: Fordham Housing

Post by weebleswobble » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm

getting married in a few weeks... starting law school in the fall (still waiting on nyu... so prob. between cardozo/fordham).

we are subletting my fiance's apt on the UES.
Great tree-lined block between Lexington & 3rd in mid-90s. Fully furnished, 2 blocks from the 6 train, Elevator building, Laundry in the building, Live-in super

Email us at carnegiehillapartment@gmail.com for more information or to check it out

Kschaus

New

Post by Kschaus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone-
I am giving up my studio on 70th St between Columbus Ave and CPW (Steps to Lincoln Center) for July 1. It has been occupied by law school students in the past, and is a perfect space for anyone going to school.

It is $1300/month and is a ground floor apartment. it is cozy, but I fit a desk, queen bed, dresser, tv, and a nice reading chair. It also includes an updated kitchen with granite counters (not a kitchenette) and has a bar area with stools that separates the kitchen from the living space.

It is in a great brownstone steps to the campus/library and central park. Please let me know if you are interested!

Thanks!
Kristen-Kris.schaus@gmail.com

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 pm

_
Last edited by nol607 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 pm

nol607 wrote:I'm moving to NYC and am looking to spend ~$1500 for a studio. I've been told that it is totally doable in the Upper East Side, especially above 70ish. My dad is really bugging me about moving to Harlem- he will be helping me put money down to sign (broker fee, deposit...) and is basically commanding me to ask the broker to show us just as many harlem apartments. Can anyone comment on the neighborhoods from East 70-110. Any nicer areas, or ones to avoid (I'd like to avoid Harlem altogether). Can anyone give me some solid, like COMSTAT evidence, I can present to him, that Harlem is no good for law students who keep weird hours?

Also any other areas worth considering, with a $1500 budget? If brooklyn- anything a short commute to Union Square (dozo)
- murray hill?
- anything in brooklyn meet these two criteria? cobble hill?
Park Slope to Union Square is a short commute (about 20 minutes on the Q train, 30 on the F), and you can definitely find an apartment (maybe even a one bedroom) for $1500. It's a gorgeous neighborhood with lots of wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, bookstores, and green space (Prospect Park).

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Any nicer areas, or ones to avoid (I'd like to avoid Harlem altogether). Can anyone give me some solid, like COMSTAT evidence, I can present to him, that Harlem is no good for law students who keep weird hours?
you are a law STUDENT. being stubborn about living in nice areas of manhattan seems absolutely ridiculous to me. i lived on 133rd and 7th ave for a year and was totally fine. $1500 for a studio is a lot to spend, especially for a student.

i recommend harlem, brooklyn, or queens, or a really sweet deal, if you can find one. the poster who has a $1300 studio on the UWS is sitting pretty, i think, but that's still a lot to pay for a student.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:26 pm

park slope is also nice...very nice. some would say it's the nicest neighborhood in brooklyn. students do not usually live in posh neighborhoods, but if you have the money, go for it, i guess.

Avocat1

New

Post by Avocat1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

I am looking to sublet a studio, 1 br, or apartment in Manhattan over the summer. Reasonably priced. Please PM me if you'll be away for the summer (mid-May - early August) and have something available. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”