Cardozo Rising 2L Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
CardozoStudent

New

Re: Cardozo Rising 2L Taking Questions

Post by CardozoStudent » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Tip #1 - don't write on; grade on

Tip #2 - don't lose all faith if tip #1 didn't work out; there are people who write on.

Okay, now to the actual tips...TABULATE your bluebook. Maybe I'll find a min to figure out how to post a picture of my bluebook here. It's got tabs for every major thing you'd expect to see often.

Now you want to know what's a "major" bluebook issue. You may want to know howTF the bluebook works (as I did coming into LS). Just pay attention in your Legal Research and Writing class and communicate with your TA often. Your TA will likely (maybe necessarily?) be on Law Review. The TA will walk you through the system.

The above is my way of telling you to take very seriously your few months in LRW.

When the Writing Competition comes along, you'll have to do a few things. Clear your schedule completely. Have your freezer stocked with the next 72 hours worth of food.

I had a peculiar sense of anger toward the Note that competitors had to edit. I took errors as a personal insult. Weird? Yes. Did it help me treat this like a competition? Yes. Did I succeed? Well, I graded on. However, I'm confident that I would've written-on.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”