deleted Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawlskoolz

New

deleted

Post by lawlskoolz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:54 pm

deleted
Last edited by lawlskoolz on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Where is the best place to sit in class and to sit for exams

Post by rad lulz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:49 pm

rad lulz wrote:Sit in the back for class so it's easier to surf the net and FB creep on hotties
Also, sit near or on an aisle so that you can get out quickly after class/get to the shitter easily during exams.

Serett

Post by Serett » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm

CR is that you shouldn't be sitting in class because skipping asserts dominance over your meek, anxious professors, while during exams, you should sit at the front of the class, facing the back of the room, for the same reason w/r/t your fellow students.

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Class: The very front. Because otherwise I would want to play games on my phone during class.

Exams: I sat wherever there was still an empty seat at.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm

If the exam is in the same room as the class (or in a room with a similar layout), I try to sit near where I would usually sit in class. Read something years ago about how it helps to jog your memory, or something.

Other than that, really, it's whatever you like... if you want to zone out in the back or avoid distractions in the front, if you're a lefty and don't want to bump elbows with someone, if you want to sit by a friend... I don't really think there's a "best / preferred place" and I can't imagine it would affect performance much.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:34 pm

arklaw13 wrote:Class: The very front. Because otherwise I would want to play games on my phone during class.
lol, don't be one of these.

Exams I just went in and sat down with the same friend for all the classes we had together. Doesn't really matter as long as you're comfortable.

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Fifth row from the back, right side of the middle column of seats. Every class, every exam, every time.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsheyen

New

Post by sunsheyen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:50 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:Class: The very front. Because otherwise I would want to play games on my phone during class.

Exams I just went in and sat down with the same friend for all the classes we had together. Doesn't really matter as long as you're comfortable.
Don't be one of what? Are you implying gunnerism? I am a perpetual front row end seater, but that's because I don't want to be distracted by scoundrels who don't take classes seriously.

(only partly joking)

Not that I care about what others think, but is something as petty as the seat one chooses something to cause people to think that one is a gunner? Serious question.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 pm

sunsheyen wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Don't be one of what? Are you implying gunnerism? I am a perpetual front row end seater, but that's because I don't want to be distracted by scoundrels who don't take classes seriously.

(only partly joking)

Not that I care about what others think, but is something as petty as the seat one chooses something to cause people to think that one is a gunner? Serious question.
If you're asking me, I honestly don't care where you sit or what you do in class as long as it isn't wasting time or keeping us over. Does it color my opinion of you if you compulsively take a front row seat in every class? Yea, of course. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Not at all, unless it's simply a confirmatory reflection of excessive overbearing behavior in other areas of student life.

Also, why care what other people think? Seriously, if you get your rocks off sitting in the very front of the lecture and that's what works for you, fuck 'em.

banjo

Silver

Re: deleted

Post by banjo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Sit near the entrance so you don't feel awkward coming in late. Also helps you get out faster at the end.

For exams, sit far away from the people who type loudly.

sunsheyen

New

Post by sunsheyen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
sunsheyen wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

(only partly joking)

If you're asking me, I honestly don't care where you sit or what you do in class as long as it isn't wasting time or keeping us over. Does it color my opinion of you if you compulsively take a front row seat in every class? Yea, of course. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Not at all, unless it's simply a confirmatory reflection of excessive overbearing behavior in other areas of student life.

Also, why care what other people think? Seriously, if you get your rocks off sitting in the very front of the lecture and that's what works for you, fuck 'em.
Oh, I didn't mean any confusion. I do not give even a half a fuck. I was just curious if front row was equated with the label on a first glance sort of thing, prior to any gunnish behavior happening. Fact finding expedition.

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

sunsheyen wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

(only partly joking)

Am gunner somewhat. Not the hand-raising, line-drawing type, though. Easier for me to pay attention in the front. First semester I had a bad habit of playing games on my phone during class. Second semester I sat in the front and it was less of a problem. Sitting at the front is easier than getting ADD medicine I suppose.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”