What to do after getting waitlisted? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
iloveturtles

New

What to do after getting waitlisted?

Post by iloveturtles » Wed May 07, 2014 1:46 pm

I have been waitlisted to my reach school, what do I do now? I *really* want to get in but I have a few questions. Do people who get waitlisted and then accepted get any scholarship? And when is it appropriate to send them a letter of continued interested? To ask for an interview?

Cal Trask

Gold

Re: What to do after getting waitlisted?

Post by Cal Trask » Wed May 07, 2014 1:50 pm

iloveturtles wrote:I have been waitlisted to my reach school, what do I do now?
Probably wait to hear from them?
iloveturtles wrote:Do people who get waitlisted and then accepted get any scholarship?
Yes.
iloveturtles wrote:And when is it appropriate to send them a letter of continued interested? To ask for an interview?
You can just email a LOCI once you have the waitlist decision. Not much to it. Interviews, I have no idea.

Nucky

Silver

Re: What to do after getting waitlisted?

Post by Nucky » Wed May 07, 2014 2:07 pm

iloveturtles wrote:I have been waitlisted to my reach school, what do I do now? I *really* want to get in but I have a few questions. Do people who get waitlisted and then accepted get any scholarship? And when is it appropriate to send them a letter of continued interested? To ask for an interview?
Every school has specific waitlist instructions. Follow those instructions carefully.

In most cases you should either withdraw, or send a LOCI if you're still truly interested.

You should also treat it as a denial, and move on with your other options until you hear otherwise.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”