Best Route to Securities Law, Ultimately SEC Enforcement Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
srslyp

New

Best Route to Securities Law, Ultimately SEC Enforcement

Post by srslyp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 am

I'm interested in Securities Law, and eventually working for the SEC to ensure compliance/litigate. What would be the best route to this goal, from school on?

What kind of school? T14 obviously, but what else? Strong regional schools like UCLA, BU?

What kind of studies? Do schools have specialties in securities, or do you simply take whatever corporate classes/clinics?
Law review, etc?

What kind of job post-graduation? What kinds of firms would get me the experience I need to work for the SEC?

I moved this from another board. Anyone in finance and securities sector, any help would be much appreciated. :)

Blindmelon

Gold

Re: Best Route to Securities Law, Ultimately SEC Enforcement

Post by Blindmelon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:44 am

srslyp wrote:I'm interested in Securities Law, and eventually working for the SEC to ensure compliance/litigate. What would be the best route to this goal, from school on?

What kind of school? T14 obviously, but what else? Strong regional schools like UCLA, BU?

What kind of studies? Do schools have specialties in securities, or do you simply take whatever corporate classes/clinics?
Law review, etc?

What kind of job post-graduation? What kinds of firms would get me the experience I need to work for the SEC?

I moved this from another board. Anyone in finance and securities sector, any help would be much appreciated. :)
Most common path to SEC is from a big firm. Go to a school that gives you the best shot at that. I would also try your best to get into one of the big DC shops that specializes in securities enforcement (they tend to be extremely competitive).

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks. Is it possible to do it on the west coast? I saw that the SEC has a regional office in Los Angeles. I would like to work out there (my family is out there plus the climate). So would working in a big firm in LA lend itself to working in the SEC office there or do they just hire from DC and NYC and then bring their attorneys out to LA?

If so, I guess I'm not dead set on the SEC. I just like the idea of litigating in that field (financial instruments), and litigating for a good reason (protecting investors, keeping banks from getting out of hand) rather than simply to serve the interests of a large corporate client. Basically, I want financial instruments and large companies but on the side of the good guy, if that makes sense. :)

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:05 pm

srslyp wrote:Thanks. Is it possible to do it on the west coast? I saw that the SEC has a regional office in Los Angeles. I would like to work out there (my family is out there plus the climate). So would working in a big firm in LA lend itself to working in the SEC office there or do they just hire from DC and NYC and then bring their attorneys out to LA?

If so, I guess I'm not dead set on the SEC. I just like the idea of litigating in that field (financial instruments), and litigating for a good reason (protecting investors, keeping banks from getting out of hand) rather than simply to serve the interests of a large corporate client. Basically, I want financial instruments and large companies but on the side of the good guy, if that makes sense. :)

Another route to it other than SEC?
TL;DR: Hiring for the SEC, along with the other financial regulatory agencies, directly out of law school is not likely and is very competitive. And it's even more difficult in regional offices (limited hiring spaces, lower budget, don't have training structure; have plenty of experienced applicants). A lot of the hiring of entry-level attorneys is done through the Honors program which means you need to look at DC.

Long-form:
Poster above is correct: hiring at the SEC, like other BigGov is very limited, typically to Honors programs and a few select, competitive students from top law schools, and then hiring transfers/refugees from BigLaw/high-end boutiques in banking/securities/regulatory work.

For law students, I know some regional offices have internships/externships, etc., but the lion's share of the hiring is done in D.C., followed by NYC. It sounds like your interests are not limited just to securities regulation (which would also include FINRA and SIPC), but you may also be interested in bank/credit union/financial institution regulation/compliance/enforcement (FDIC, OCC, FRB, NCUA, and Treasury/FinCEN). Getting an internship at a regional office like LA is still unlikely, but may be attainable if you have great grades and make connections with attorneys within the agency and there is a hiring need.

As I mentioned, post-grad hiring done through the Honors program typically involves rotations between Headquarters (DC) and regional offices where you get exposure to different divisions within the agency. So that would be one possible/plausible route to get back to LA, assuming you get an Honors attorney spot. Another thing to consider is targeting the state regulatory agencies--because you get the experience the federal agency wants, it tends to be less competitive, and you may often work or coordinate certain cases with the FedGov attorneys--but hiring opportunities may be more rare (for CA corporations and financial institutions, it's the Division of Business Oversight: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/).

If you're going to pursue the SEC, read this http://www.sec.gov/jobs/interns-divisionssnapshot.pdf and http://www.sec.gov/jobs/shlpfaq.htm#q4 and http://www.sec.gov/jobs/jobs_students_honors.shtml if you haven't already.

For convenience, and because OP and others may be interested which SEC divisions are located where, here is some relevant info about the intern slots across the country (not for full-time hiring), but as you'll notice, most of these intern positions are at Headquarters (DC):
Division of Corporation Finance (Headquarters only)
---The number of interns the Division hires varies but typically is about ten to twelve 2L and 3L law students.
Division of Economic and Risk Analysis (Headquarters only)
---Typically, RSFI hires 12 students, composed of law students and both college and graduate students in Washington, particularly students with backgrounds in economics and/or quantitative research disciplines like engineering.
Division of Enforcement (All locations)
---Typically, Enforcement hires about 35 law students in Washington and large numbers of law students in the regional offices as well.
---Enforcement also hires about 5 college students with accounting experience in Washington and some regional offices.
Division of Investment Management (Headquarters and the New York Regional Office)
---Typically, Investment Management hires about 8 students (7 law students and 1 undergraduate) in Washington.
Division of Trading and Markets (Headquarters only)
---The Division of Trading and Markets employs approximately 8 law and business student interns in Washington, DC.
Office of Financial Management (Headquarters only)
---Typically, OFM hires 3 college or graduate students in Washington.
Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (All locations)
---Typically, OCIE hires about 7 law students, 1 college student and 1 graduate student in Washington. In addition, regional offices hire students to support the examination staff.
Office of the General Counsel (Headquarters only)
---Typically, the Office of the General Counsel hires 5 law students and 1 college students in Washington, DC.
Office of the Inspector General (Headquarters only)
---Typically, the Office of the Inspector General hires about 3 law students and 1 undergraduate or graduate student.
Office of International Affairs (Headquarters only)
---Typically, OIA hires about 6 law students and 2 college students in Washington
Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (Headquarters only)
---Typically, EEO hires 1 law student in Washington.
Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (Headquarters only)
---Typically, OMWI hires 1 law student in Washington
Office of the Chief Accountant
---OCA may hire law students, graduate students, and accounting students to work as interns at the Washington, DC headquarters. Interns will be assigned to the Accounting/International Group, the Professional Practice Group, or the Chief Counsel’s Office

Other SEC divisions that don't have information for law interns or only hire college interns are:
Office of Credit Ratings (Headquarters and the New York Regional Office)
Office of Acquisitions (Headquarters only)
Office of the Ethics Counsel (Headquarters only)
Office of Public Affairs (Headquarters only)
Office of Information Technology (Headquarters only)

Regional Offices include:
Atlanta Regional Office
Boston Regional Office
Chicago Regional Office
Denver Regional Office
Fort Worth Regional Office
Los Angeles Regional Office
Miami Regional Office
New York Regional Office
Philadelphia Regional Office
Salt Lake Regional Office
San Francisco Regional Office

*Edited to add something I forgot

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:33 pm

This is absolutely terrific. I'll be going through all of the linked info. The SEC hiring info is terrific too. Wonder where you got that.

To be honest, I hadn't thought the SEC part through super carefully. More like I am interested in the practices of financial institutions and corporate law more broadly, all the minutiae, but I don't want to be tied to a large firm for a long period where it is all about serving a corporate client, or in-house counsel where obviously every waking moment is spent protecting the interests of your chosen company. I want to help people, idealistic I know, but not so much PI help the downtrodden type stuff. Basically, corporate but doing something that actually matters to people, not just your Fortune 500 client. So I thought of SEC and govt enforcement.

If there are any other opportunities besides govt to fulfill my (rather nebulous, I'll admit) dream, I would absolutely be all ears. I'm sure it would be much easier to live on the west coast if my ambitions weren't tied to big govt.

Thanks again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm

downinDtown wrote:
srslyp wrote:Thanks. Is it possible to do it on the west coast? I saw that the SEC has a regional office in Los Angeles. I would like to work out there (my family is out there plus the climate). So would working in a big firm in LA lend itself to working in the SEC office there or do they just hire from DC and NYC and then bring their attorneys out to LA?

TL;DR: Hiring for the SEC, along with the other financial regulatory agencies, directly out of law school is not likely and is very competitive. And it's even more difficult in regional offices (limited hiring spaces, lower budget, don't have training structure; have plenty of experienced applicants). A lot of the hiring of entry-level attorneys is done through the Honors program which means you need to look at DC.

Long-form:
Poster above is correct: hiring at the SEC, like other BigGov is very limited, typically to Honors programs and a few select, competitive students from top law schools, and then hiring transfers/refugees from BigLaw/high-end boutiques in banking/securities/regulatory work.

For law students, I know some regional offices have internships/externships, etc., but the lion's share of the hiring is done in D.C., followed by NYC. It sounds like your interests are not limited just to securities regulation (which would also include FINRA and SIPC), but you may also be interested in bank/credit union/financial institution regulation/compliance/enforcement (FDIC, OCC, FRB, NCUA, and Treasury/FinCEN). Getting an internship at a regional office like LA is still unlikely, but may be attainable if you have great grades and make connections with attorneys within the agency and there is a hiring need.

As I mentioned, post-grad hiring done through the Honors program typically involves rotations between Headquarters (DC) and regional offices where you get exposure to different divisions within the agency. So that would be one possible/plausible route to get back to LA, assuming you get an Honors attorney spot. Another thing to consider is targeting the state regulatory agencies--because you get the experience the federal agency wants, it tends to be less competitive, and you may often work or coordinate certain cases with the FedGov attorneys--but hiring opportunities may be more rare (for CA corporations and financial institutions, it's the Division of Business Oversight: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/).

If you're going to pursue the SEC, read this http://www.sec.gov/jobs/interns-divisionssnapshot.pdf and http://www.sec.gov/jobs/shlpfaq.htm#q4 and http://www.sec.gov/jobs/jobs_students_honors.shtml if you haven't already.

For convenience, and because OP and others may be interested which SEC divisions are located where, here is some relevant info about the intern slots across the country (not for full-time hiring), but as you'll notice, most of these intern positions are at Headquarters (DC):
---The number of interns the Division hires varies but typically is about ten to twelve 2L and 3L law students.
---Typically, RSFI hires 12 students, composed of law students and both college and graduate students in Washington, particularly students with backgrounds in economics and/or quantitative research disciplines like engineering.
---Typically, Enforcement hires about 35 law students in Washington and large numbers of law students in the regional offices as well.
---Enforcement also hires about 5 college students with accounting experience in Washington and some regional offices.
Division of Investment Management (Headquarters and the New York Regional Office)
---Typically, Investment Management hires about 8 students (7 law students and 1 undergraduate) in Washington.
---The Division of Trading and Markets employs approximately 8 law and business student interns in Washington, DC.
---Typically, OCIE hires about 7 law students, 1 college student and 1 graduate student in Washington. In addition, regional offices hire students to support the examination staff.
---Typically, the Office of the General Counsel hires 5 law students and 1 college students in Washington, DC.
---Typically, the Office of the Inspector General hires about 3 law students and 1 undergraduate or graduate student.
---Typically, OIA hires about 6 law students and 2 college students in Washington
---OCA may hire law students, graduate students, and accounting students to work as interns at the Washington, DC headquarters. Interns will be assigned to the Accounting/International Group, the Professional Practice Group, or the Chief Counsel’s Office

Other SEC divisions that don't have information for law interns or only hire college interns are:

Atlanta Regional Office
Boston Regional Office
Chicago Regional Office
Denver Regional Office
Miami Regional Office
New York Regional Office

Getting hired at the SEC through the honors program has nothing to do with being at a top school. It has to do with being in a Division that has a budget to hire.

This year trading and markets hired, and some years CF hires, but this year it does not look like CF will hire.

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:28 pm

srslyp wrote:This is absolutely terrific. I'll be going through all of the linked info. The SEC hiring info is terrific too. Wonder where you got that.
http://www.sec.gov/jobs/interns-divisionssnapshot.pdf -- interns hires are listed under each division.

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
downinDtown wrote:

Long-form:

Atlanta Regional Office
Boston Regional Office
Chicago Regional Office
Denver Regional Office
Miami Regional Office
New York Regional Office

Getting hired at the SEC through the honors program has nothing to do with being at a top school. It has to do with being in a Division that has a budget to hire.

This year trading and markets hired, and some years CF hires, but this year it does not look like CF will hire.
Correct, what I said was: "hiring at the SEC, like other BigGov is very limited, typically to Honors programs and a few select, competitive students from top law schools."

Meaning you have the Honors program channel, where school attended doesn't matter as much, and there may be some high-caliber students who may get looks at entry-level hiring outside of the Honors program. I certainly understand that both are dependent on division needs and budget constraints.

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

What if I just want to do securities litigation, in private practice? This generally involves plaintiff or defendant side involved in shareholders suing companies that have either broken the law or behaved recklessly, correct? Maybe SEC eventually, but I've decided I definitely want to shoot for a big firm first, and get experience in the private sector. Tell me if this sounds reasonable:

1) USC or UCLA for law school (have good scholarship at USC, haven't heard from UCLA, but seems doubtful at this point)
2) 1L Summer at SEC Honors Program (Confused by this http://www.sec.gov/jobs/shlpfaq.htm#q4 "Student must be continuing in legal studies throughout the summer and/or into the fall to be eligible. Students graduating in May are not eligible." But on site http://www.sec.gov/jobs/jobs_students_honors.shtml "Law Students: The 2L and 3L legal announcement is currently open and will close on Wednesday, April 30, 2014." Just realized this is for Fall 2014. So there are Honors Programs for Fall, Summer, Spring I assume? I would not want to work during the semester.)

Also, if there would be a better way to spend 1L Summer, please advise.

3) 2L Summer Internship at big firm, preferably Gibson Dunn but any of the big LA firms
4) Graduate, hopefully get picked up at big firm (Anyone know when you they tell you? Sometime during 3L?)
5) Perhaps SEC enforcement type stuff after biglaw? I would guess coming from a big firm in LA isn't the recommended route for this. I've decided it's more important for me to be on the beautiful west coast, close to my family, than to work in fedgov. There are also CA state agencies like the one you linked if I do want to go into regulation. Thanks for that link by the way.

I know I will need to perform well for this to pan out. Probably top 30-35% to work in biglaw (USC and UCLA both at 30% for grads at NLJ 250), lower and end up in smaller firm. Securities litigation is pretty much just biglaw correct?

Thanks! You've been very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:41 am

srslyp wrote:What if I just want to do securities litigation, in private practice? This generally involves plaintiff or defendant side involved in shareholders suing companies that have either broken the law or behaved recklessly, correct? Maybe SEC eventually, but I've decided I definitely want to shoot for a big firm first, and get experience in the private sector. Tell me if this sounds reasonable:

While some securities litigation does involve class action work, a lot of the work is dealing with compliance issues, SEC enforcement actions, and other regulators. (this is the more interesting work).

A lot of SEC litigation groups also will be coupled with a white collar practice. So what you should do is try to build a narrative re why you want to be in the practice group:

Intern at the SEC during a semester, DOJ take classes that relate to securities, etc. You will be ahead of your peers in OCI if you can articulate why you want to do securities lit and say that you have experience in the area.

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
srslyp wrote:What if I just want to do securities litigation, in private practice? This generally involves plaintiff or defendant side involved in shareholders suing companies that have either broken the law or behaved recklessly, correct? Maybe SEC eventually, but I've decided I definitely want to shoot for a big firm first, and get experience in the private sector. Tell me if this sounds reasonable:

While some securities litigation does involve class action work, a lot of the work is dealing with compliance issues, SEC enforcement actions, and other regulators. (this is the more interesting work).

A lot of SEC litigation groups also will be coupled with a white collar practice. So what you should do is try to build a narrative re why you want to be in the practice group:

Intern at the SEC during a semester, DOJ take classes that relate to securities, etc. You will be ahead of your peers in OCI if you can articulate why you want to do securities lit and say that you have experience in the area.
It all sounds interesting. The compliance stuff, SEC enforcement and various regulators, it's like candy.

Is it a good idea to intern at the SEC during a semester? Don't know how intensive their internships are and how much it would eat into study time. Definitely going to be focusing on securities classes. Do you have any idea how Los Angeles would be for securities litigation? Are there a decent number of jobs in any major market? Thanks!

downinDtown

Bronze

Post by downinDtown » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:02 pm

srslyp wrote:2) 1L Summer at SEC Honors Program (Confused by this http://www.sec.gov/jobs/shlpfaq.htm#q4 "Student must be continuing in legal studies throughout the summer and/or into the fall to be eligible. Students graduating in May are not eligible."
Just means that you have to be a continuing student for the next fall semester. You can't be graduating or do it post-graduation. I would recommend speaking with a securities/securities lit professor at UCLA/USC about your interest and see what he/she recommends as the best classes to take to help position you for a position with the SEC (or private practice securities work down the road). Try to cultivate that relationship and have the prof recommend you for the position. If they're well-known in the area or have some connections with the agency, that may help your chances.

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 pm

downinDtown wrote:
srslyp wrote:2) 1L Summer at SEC Honors Program (Confused by this http://www.sec.gov/jobs/shlpfaq.htm#q4 "Student must be continuing in legal studies throughout the summer and/or into the fall to be eligible. Students graduating in May are not eligible."
Just means that you have to be a continuing student for the next fall semester. You can't be graduating or do it post-graduation. I would recommend speaking with a securities/securities lit professor at UCLA/USC about your interest and see what he/she recommends as the best classes to take to help position you for a position with the SEC (or private practice securities work down the road). Try to cultivate that relationship and have the prof recommend you for the position. If they're well-known in the area or have some connections with the agency, that may help your chances.
Like this guy? http://weblaw.usc.edu/contact/contactIn ... type=Media His topmost article looks really interesting.

Still wondering if Los Angeles is a viable location for securities litigation. Am I shooting myself in the foot with that decision? I'd rather not move out west only to head back to DC (where I am now) in three years. LA should provide some opportunities in securities litigation, correct? At least in private practice? If not, I would choose family and location over the securities goal. It's just time to be around my family. Thanks for your advice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 pm

srslyp wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:

It all sounds interesting. The compliance stuff, SEC enforcement and various regulators, it's like candy.

Is it a good idea to intern at the SEC during a semester? Don't know how intensive their internships are and how much it would eat into study time. Definitely going to be focusing on securities classes. Do you have any idea how Los Angeles would be for securities litigation? Are there a decent number of jobs in any major market? Thanks!
LA is a major legal market. You will be fine. I know some students who were able to do a "semester abroad" in Washington, DC at the SEC as full time intern through UCDC. So there is definitely that option.

I didn't do this myself, but I got to school in DC so I ran into a lot of people doing this.

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks for the advice so far guys. This piqued my interest http://www.justice.gov/usao/cac/divisions/mf.html, as well as the US Attorney's Office in general. What would be the best way to go about getting hired? Externship there while in school? Do they hire right out of law school or mostly experienced lawyers? Thanks.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:45 pm

srslyp wrote:Thanks for the advice so far guys. This piqued my interest http://www.justice.gov/usao/cac/divisions/mf.html, as well as the US Attorney's Office in general. What would be the best way to go about getting hired? Externship there while in school? Do they hire right out of law school or mostly experienced lawyers? Thanks.
Dude not going to happen entry level for you. They are mostly clerks and experienced attorneys.

Just due this:

-Go to law school
-Work hard
-Do OCI and try to land a firm job
-If you don't try to get some gov experience(specializing in white collar or securities work)
-try to get a firm job
-see where you are 3-4 years post bar then try for USAO.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 pm

srslyp wrote:Thanks for the advice so far guys. This piqued my interest http://www.justice.gov/usao/cac/divisions/mf.html, as well as the US Attorney's Office in general. What would be the best way to go about getting hired? Externship there while in school? Do they hire right out of law school or mostly experienced lawyers? Thanks.
This thread might help: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... a#p7526835. If you want to browse around some more, searching for AUSA will net you decent results (you can limit it to topic title if that helps).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 pm

d
Last edited by rad lulz on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:15 pm

srslyp wrote: working for the SEC to ensure compliance/litigate.
Why limit yourself to the Commission? Why not CFTC/Fed/OCC/etc.? And if you're looking to help regular people, how about the CFPB?

EliPedDH

New

Post by EliPedDH » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:13 pm

srslyp wrote:I'm interested in Securities Law, and eventually working for the SEC to ensure compliance/litigate. What would be the best route to this goal, from school on?

Law review, etc?

HYS -> S&C/Cravath (maybe Paul Weiss). Those positions are hard to get, so you need the best credential possible.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Post by iamgeorgebush » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:00 pm

i don't know much about sec hiring but fyi if you want a firm like gibson dunn you're going to need to do really really well at a school like usc. my guess would be at least top 10%.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:23 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
Dude not going to happen entry level for you. They are mostly clerks and experienced attorneys.

Just due this:

-Go to law school
-Work hard
-Do OCI and try to land a firm job
-If you don't try to get some gov experience(specializing in white collar or securities work)
-try to get a firm job
-see where you are 3-4 years post bar then try for USAO.
Thanks for the advice. Still trying to figure things out. What kind of govt. experience could I get if I didn't land a firm job? DA's office?

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
This thread might help: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... a#p7526835. If you want to browse around some more, searching for AUSA will net you decent results (you can limit it to topic title if that helps).
Very helpful. Thank you.

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:34 pm

quakeroats wrote:
srslyp wrote: working for the SEC to ensure compliance/litigate.
Why limit yourself to the Commission? Why not CFTC/Fed/OCC/etc.? And if you're looking to help regular people, how about the CFPB?
SEC just came to mind first. All I know right now is that I want to eventually end up with the government working on white collar crime, enforcement, etc. Not quite sure if I want to be a trial lawyer yet or more behind the scenes. Seems the trial lawyer route is more USAO and the enforcement route more SEC, and the organizations you mentioned. I figured the best thing I could do is pick some of your guys' brains to have a basic picture of the routes I could take to the basic govt./white collar crime goal. :)

srslyp

New

Post by srslyp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:36 pm

rad lulz wrote:I do securities lit

Can take Qs

Edit/ at firm
What is your normal workload like? Are you working with companies to ensure they are compliant? I guess I have only a vague idea of what a securities lit attorney actually does every day. The regulations interest me, and that's primarily what I know.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”