I am not good test taker SAT and LSAT Tests Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
dr123

Gold

Re: I am not good test taker SAT and LSAT Tests

Post by dr123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 am

jbagelboy wrote:Fwiw my high school gave 5 pts for AP courses, but not for honors. So I was over 4.0 "weighted" but not absurdly so, and the school showed an "unweighted" as well (out of 4 only). I think it made sense for school honors (magna cum laude, ect) to look at weighted since ap chem was a fuckton harder than anatomy, or ap english compared to remedial.

I know the college I ended up at only looked at the "unweighted" anyway, and most colleges recalculate to standardize, so it really doesnt make much difference.
Your HS had latin honors? Did you go to a preftigious private school? We just had valedictorian and that was it.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:36 am

indo wrote:As I mentioned I took 12 AP courses and a lot of honor classes.
in my high school AP and honor classes graded as follow;
A = 5, B = 4 and C = 3.
Freshman :Honor Algebra 2
Sophomore : Honor Geometry
Junior: AP statistic
Senior AP calculus BC
The 5 point scale was same as the one in my school. Also, for non-AP and non-honors classes, 4 points for A, 3 points for B, etc.

It was quite bullshit though. The smartest guy in my class had a lower GPA than the second smartest person in my high school only because he took an engineering class and built a fucking solar boat. They took the same amount of APs, both got As, but the engineering class he took is neither an honors nor AP class. Therefore, he gets a 4 for an A for a regular class, and thus, "lowers" his GPA by being ambitious.

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 am

work on that english bro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”