Northern law degree and working in the south? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Xhscrew

New

Northern law degree and working in the south?

Post by Xhscrew » Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 am

Hey guys, I am in my second year of college and I plan to go to law school. It is likely that I would go to Uconn law as I am in state and the tuition is hard to beat. I would like to live in North Carolina or Virginia when I am older and I am wondering how a northern law degree such as Uconn would fare in these areas in terms of employment. Would there be a predjudice against me because my degree is from a northern school? Would I have a tough time finding a job because of my degree? Thank you for your time.

northwood

Platinum

Re: Northern law degree and working in the south?

Post by northwood » Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

go to a school in the region you want to work in. don't think about law school until the beginning f your senior year. until then, keep your grades up, and your fridge packed full of beer ad enjoy being a college kid

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 am

You'll want to get a high LSAT score so you can indeed beat the deal offered by in-state tuition at UConn. A northern law degree works in the South if you're from the South. Otherwise I'm not sure how well even a southern law degree works in the South.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 am

Bronte wrote:You'll want to get a high LSAT score so you can indeed beat the deal offered by in-state tuition at UConn. A northern law degree works in the South if you're from the South. Otherwise I'm not sure how well even a southern law degree works in the South.
This

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”