Computer Preference? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
poundcr

New

Computer Preference?

Post by poundcr » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 am

Just wondering what type of computer anyone uses and how well it works out for you. Kind of looking at a Mac vs. PC type argument.

Also, if you have a Mac (which I am), how new is yours? Run into any problems? I'm aware some schools seem to have a preference, so also wondering if that was a factor.

Thanks.

akasabian

Bronze

Re: Computer Preference?

Post by akasabian » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 am

poundcr wrote:Just wondering what type of computer anyone uses and how well it works out for you. Kind of looking at a Mac vs. PC type argument.

Also, if you have a Mac (which I am), how new is yours? Run into any problems? I'm aware some schools seem to have a preference, so also wondering if that was a factor.

Thanks.
General sentiment is that you should go for a cheaper model that still runs well, stores your info, and can use word/OneNote/whatever note-taking app you use.

That being said, I think a lot of people have Macs. It's merely a matter of preference and whether you already have one or not.
You should try and make sure you have a laptop that works and won't fall apart mid-exam.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

It doesn't matter.... both work.

tuffyjohnson

Bronze

Post by tuffyjohnson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 am

Which OS are you more familiar with? One advantage of mac is the touch pad mobile situations like note taking in class.

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 am

tuffyjohnson wrote:Which OS are you more familiar with? One advantage of mac is the touch pad mobile situations like note taking in class.
I don't understand what this means

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”