Setting up my law school study room... Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
dusters

Bronze

Re: Setting up my law school study room...

Post by dusters » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:55 am

bdm261 wrote:
drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:I just read some of your previous posts. Stop focusing any energy on your war room and retake the LSAT. That is completely serious, non-sarcastic advice. Do not attend Cleveland State Law School or CWRU Law. Or any law school in Ohio other than OSU with $
I can't really take the LSAT again. I have a full-time job that leaves me mentally exhausted every night and the weekends are just spent recovering from work.

I realize how that sounds on TLS and how I probably look to all the top 14/170s out there, but I am currently stuck in an $8/hr job that I was looking forward to leaving in August and I'm already going to be be 31 when I graduate law school so I want to get the ball rolling. There is no worthwhile employment in my city for anyone with a B.A. in Interpersonal and Public Communication besides telemarketing gigs.

I'd like to have a shot at some kind of career before 40.

I am applying to OSU as well, LSN seems to indicate I have a good chance at acceptance this cycle though maybe with no $.
Even MORE reason to retake. A 5 point increase could equal a 40k scholarship.

Caesar Salad

Diamond

Post by Caesar Salad » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am

Literally laughed out loud reading this thread, OP is a gem.

What really gets me is that he made it through undergrad without all of these now seemingly indispensable study aids

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am

don't forget portable toilet, hand soap, and a small refrigerator so you will have no reason other than to shower to leave your "war room", other than to restock on supplies ( I.E. alcohol), take a shower( but im sure you can figure out a way to get around this and not smell), and to occasionally wash your hands with real soap and water.

if you can convert your window to a drive-through window, then you can order take out and not have to even leave the room at all....

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

New

Post by ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 am

northwood wrote:don't forget portable toilet, hand soap, and a small refrigerator so you will have no reason other than to shower to leave your "war room", other than to restock on supplies ( I.E. alcohol), take a shower( but im sure you can figure out a way to get around this and not smell), and to occasionally wash your hands with real soap and water.

if you can convert your window to a drive-through window, then you can order take out and not have to even leave the room at all....
Stocking up on 3 years of astronaut food at the beginning of 1L could eliminate this as well.

jayman12

New

Post by jayman12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:37 pm

k
Last edited by jayman12 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 am

pjo wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I think OP is forgetting the most important component of the war room: One of those tables that are specifically designed to be able to study while standing up. I am going to buy one of these since in law school I won't have as much time to work out. Basically, one of my goals is to stay in pretty good shape while in law school. By standing up for 5 hours a day while studying, I think this will do the trick. By staying in decent shape, I will have better luck being able to drop girl's panties, which will release law school stress. Pretty good idea all around, huh?
Dude just standing up? You're not going to burn enough calories. You need a "walking desk". --LinkRemoved--

http://xkcd.com/1329/

J-e-L-L-o

Bronze

Post by J-e-L-L-o » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

jayman12 wrote:
smoovgee wrote:Hijacking/reviving this thread. I'm setting up a study room because I need a place with no tv/radio, etc. Also, I don't study in bed. That's for sex and sleeping. Nothing else goes on there.

My "war room" will also double as my gaming room. Yes. I will be playing video games. That'll be my stress reliever. That and sex.

It'll be bare bones though, a desk, my desktop, chair, monitor, couple posters, printer, some office supplies. Basic.

I'm calling Bullshit. It's either video games OR sex, I don't think they are compatible

I've done both...at the same time lol.

What every guy should strive to achieve IMO.

Gooner91

Silver

Post by Gooner91 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:19 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:Things I've found necessary to do quite well in law school:

- laptop

- legal pad and pen

I do the vast majority of my studying at the law school library, but I keep a desk and chair in my room for the infrequent occasions when I decide to stay home. I can't fathom why anyone would need anything more (aside from caffeine and booze, of course).
What type of pen do you use? Does ink matter?

I currently use a lamy safari with noodlers bullet proof black ink but am thinking of switching to a Parker 51 with the Noodlers forest green?
Would either of these be sufficient?

johnnyquest

Bronze

Post by johnnyquest » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Gooner91 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:Things I've found necessary to do quite well in law school:

- laptop

- legal pad and pen

I do the vast majority of my studying at the law school library, but I keep a desk and chair in my room for the infrequent occasions when I decide to stay home. I can't fathom why anyone would need anything more (aside from caffeine and booze, of course).
What type of pen do you use? Does ink matter?

I currently use a lamy safari with noodlers bullet proof black ink but am thinking of switching to a Parker 51 with the Noodlers forest green?
Would either of these be sufficient?
Sufficient? Yes. Necessary? No

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jayman12

New

Post by jayman12 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:21 pm

k
Last edited by jayman12 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Post by a.sleepyhead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 pm

J-e-L-L-o wrote:
jayman12 wrote:
smoovgee wrote:Hijacking/reviving this thread. I'm setting up a study room because I need a place with no tv/radio, etc. Also, I don't study in bed. That's for sex and sleeping. Nothing else goes on there.

My "war room" will also double as my gaming room. Yes. I will be playing video games. That'll be my stress reliever. That and sex.

It'll be bare bones though, a desk, my desktop, chair, monitor, couple posters, printer, some office supplies. Basic.

I'm calling Bullshit. It's either video games OR sex, I don't think they are compatible

did u crosspost this on /b/

J-e-L-L-o

Bronze

Post by J-e-L-L-o » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:17 pm

jayman12 wrote:
J-e-L-L-o wrote:
jayman12 wrote:

Was this past the age of 17?

LOL. Def older than a lot of posters in here. Play Call of Duty enough around your girlfriend and if she is not a gamer, she will find a way to get your attention sooner or later.

If she starts to walk across the tv screen with her underwear on...be patient, there will be more to follow lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”