Rate Your Own Personal Happiness/Satisfaction Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ksllaw

Bronze

Rate Your Own Personal Happiness/Satisfaction

Post by ksllaw » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 pm

as a.) a law student; and/or b.) as a lawyer

Would love to hear how people like their studies and job as a lawyer! A big plus to those who don't mind sharing some specifics, such as their school details or firm details (size, type, etc.). :) What do you enjoy? Why do you dislike? etc.

Or, conversely, feel free to discuss your observations of others you know in law school or working in law. How do they like it? Thanks! :!: :D

iMisto

Silver

Re: Rate Your Own Personal Happiness/Satisfaction

Post by iMisto » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd like to see some answer to this.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Being a lawyer is pretty fun, most days. Being in law school is terrible.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:52 am

Only like 3.5 weeks in but i love law school so far. Its far better than any job I've ever worked and I am doing something that I enjoy doing. I think people that hate law school hate the law. If you hate the law then you really don't want to be a lawyer and you shouldn't have went in the first place you probably only did it for the money. I like legal analysis, reading cases, solving interesting problems though memos and getting really drunk on the weekends in a college town.

I know its going to get rough later in the semester but right now life is good.

tim.janitor

New

Post by tim.janitor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:Only like 3.5 weeks in but i love law school so far. Its far better than any job I've ever worked and I am doing something that I enjoy doing. I think people that hate law school hate the law. If you hate the law then you really don't want to be a lawyer and you shouldn't have went in the first place you probably only did it for the money. I like legal analysis, reading cases, solving interesting problems though memos and getting really drunk on the weekends in a college town.

Where do you go to school? If you want to stay anonymous please give a Tier

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:Only like 3.5 weeks in but i love law school so far. Its far better than any job I've ever worked and I am doing something that I enjoy doing. I think people that hate law school hate the law. If you hate the law then you really don't want to be a lawyer and you shouldn't have went in the first place you probably only did it for the money. I like legal analysis, reading cases, solving interesting problems though memos and getting really drunk on the weekends in a college town.

I've loved every single one of my legal jobs, yet I think law school is a pointless waste of time. Law school doesn't resemble being a lawyer in the slightest.

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 am

I love law school. I think it is interesting and I think I am comprehending the material very well. However, I do constantly stress about the final exam, about how and what my classmates are doing compared to me, if I will be able to break the curve, how I will be able to break the curve when everybody supposedly knows the material equally as well, and so on and so forth.

Happiness - I guess, sometimes, everyone is really cool in my section.

Stress - Absolutely. 100%.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 am

tim.janitor wrote:

Where do you go to school? If you want to stay anonymous please give a Tier
T14... And I'm not the only one who feels this way I am friends with a lot of 2Ls and 3Ls who did well but had a great time also. They have multiple offers and needless to say they're acting like they're in undergrad again...

Edit: Fair enough to the person who said he feels law school is pointless. I just like the work so far I haven't the slightest clue what having a legal job would be like.

BunkMoreland

Bronze

Post by BunkMoreland » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Practicing law really isn't that bad. It's always good to have perspective on how lucky you have it compared to other people, even in America. Unless you are at a V5 or a sweatshop that works you 80+ hrs a week, it's really not that tough and can be fun

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”