homework question Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
OhioU26

New

homework question

Post by OhioU26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Hey guys, hope your law school year is starting off well. Before entering law school, I was told you will be doing about 3 hours of hw per class a night. However, I have not been reaching this at all. I understand people read/learn at different rates, but is it because I am not into the more complex ideas yet, or am I missing something? I go through the readings twice, brief all the cases, and then review before the class and it is not taking me 3 hours... is that something I should worry about?

dcgirl1013

New

Re: homework question

Post by dcgirl1013 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm

everyone reads/comprehends what they read at a different pace, so as long as you are absorbing the readings & understand what is going on in class you are fine!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Compare your reading notes to what the professor is stressing/ emphasizing in class. If you are on the same page great, of not take more time. It took me about an hour to read ten pages fall semester 1L so depending on how much material u have it could take longer or shorter. The work will pick up. Some people include supplement work in their homework time so that could make the time length longer. Whatever it is you will find people rwdnlk her or shorter but don't worry abou that . So what works for you and if necessary adjust for second semester. Ps avoid the 1L freak out and people who are freaking Out or tell u what they do. Honestly at this point no one knows for certain if they are Doug it right an listening to all of their ideas and suggestions will Just make you worry more for no good reason.

OhioU26

New

Post by OhioU26 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 pm

thanks guys i appreciate it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”