1L Transfer Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Calaw112

New

1L Transfer

Post by Calaw112 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 am

Forgive me if this was already asked somewhere, I am sure it has been, but I am on my mobile driving across the country for law school.

Out of curiosity, at what point in the 1L year should a 1L prepare and send in a transfer application to another law school, if they wish to transfer?

(I realize the difficulty of a successful transfer to a T1 school-- top 5% etc.) I am just curious. I'd like the answer to come from a law student/graduate. Thank you.

PinkCow

Silver

Re: 1L Transfer

Post by PinkCow » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 am

After you get your spring grades back, so in the summer

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 am

If you do really well in the Fall you should start applying to early action schools like Gtown, GW, Wustl, Chicago when apps open in March. You should be setting up recs after the Fall b/c it can be a time crunch if you wait to ask your Spring profs.

mighttransfer

Bronze

Post by mighttransfer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:07 am

After you receive your first semester grades for EA programs. Otherwise, you should start preparing before the end of the second semester because your recommenders will need time to write letters.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am

After first semester law school grades are in for EA/ED apps to Chicago & Georgetown. Otherwise, after your final grades & class rank for your first year of law school are in. However, for Yale, after Sainthood is achieved. :D

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Calaw112 wrote:Out of curiosity, at what point in the 1L year should a 1L prepare and send in a transfer application to another law school, if they wish to transfer?
This is TCR:
ran12 wrote:If you do really well in the Fall you should start applying to early action schools like Gtown, GW, Wustl, Chicago when apps open in March. You should be setting up recs after the Fall b/c it can be a time crunch if you wait to ask your Spring profs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”