Law employment tracker? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Law employment tracker?

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 pm

is there a website that tracks employment chances as a graduate of different schools in different parts (like top 10%, 20%, etc) of your class? or is this something schools usually provide to their students?

is it possible to get access to this data as a 0L?

I ask for two reasons:

1) I'd like to see the employment prospects for different parts of different law schools in determining which law school to attend.
2) I'm wondering if it would be useful to create a website like LSN for law employment.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Re: Law employment tracker?

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 pm

As a side note, I posted this here as opposed to the legal employment forum because the legal employment forum doesn't seem to be 0L friendly.

Mick Haller

Silver

Post by Mick Haller » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm

there's nothing like that really. check out lawschooltransparency.org

it's about the best employment data you'll find. ABA surveys are getting better too. I wouldn't rely on the data posted directly on each school's website.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Look at how many people get desirable jobs based on the usual sources. Then assume that you need to be slightly better than that to get one of those jobs (i.e. if 60% of the class gets big law, assume you need to be median or better). You can't really do much better than that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”